*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1624932-A-Crisis-a-Church-Didnt-have-to-fly-to
Rated: · Other · Other · #1624932
reach the world but not the neighbors.Questions I challenge for answers please
I knew even as a child if you need help there are Churches on every corner in America that we can go to. Until one day recently I asked and when I never even received a reply back it made me question this belief. I used to be a member and even Baptized at this now, huge beautiful Church. I wrote a detailed letter asking their help for a single mom of four children. Her family was without electricity for almost three weeks at the time, not from wrong doing just hard times. I offered her to have faith and explained I was going to ask a Church for help. I told her I was sure they would and assured her how could they not. How do I tell her they didn't care? I later returned to the web site where I posted my unheard cry and realized a few interesting facts. First, the only ministries mentioned that currently are still in service are all oversea. I understand there are families there that have never had electricity. Unlike having it your whole life and then have it removed for months is pretty devastating to a innocent child. A simple blessing was rejected without a reason. Second, on their contact page they want you to pin point the reason for your visit, I had to click on "other" surprisingly there was no request for help option but the choice to help and support the Church was available.
So I ask "Is the Churches in America only here to help the needy in other countries"? I feel a Church should be a reflection of it's community. A testimony to its neighbors of strength and compassion. Do they not think that helping those around them can save a soul or help in strengthening one? Is their mission in helping those we cant see or hear in someway a benefit? I looked up at least four website pages to different Churches in different states. All but one only posted other countries missionaries. Why? Is tithes collected but not for those that can reap and sow in the Churches backyard? Is paying a neighbors eleven hundred dollar bill not sufficient to the Churches mission? Is the criteria to receive help from a Church poor foreign land not the person's name and situation ? For a eleven hundred dollar bill four wonderful children ages six, eight, eleven, and a sixteen went without heat, lights, hot water, refrigerator, noise, and all security, for two whole months! This family's testimony will not be connected with the Lord like it could of been and should of been. Rather her second job took the glory and the families time needed for the healing. Also her car later was reposed.

© Copyright 2009 ~X Press (xpress at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1624932-A-Crisis-a-Church-Didnt-have-to-fly-to