*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1623241-The-No-Name-Book-Prolouge
Rated: 13+ · Fiction · Action/Adventure · #1623241
The Chapter of the No Name Book
Prologue
Now before I tell the story next let me tell you the science. Every decision you make creates a parallel universe. If you flip a coin to decide to go right or left, it lands tails. You go right, and find an empty treasure chest. What happens if you go left? Then bam a parallel universe is created where you go left. Every decision has a price, with its consequences more obvious later on. But in each parallel universe decisions are made change its own pattern, things that are possible. Time travel, magic, defying gravity, people does this every day in other universes. Well I live in the original universe, the first one ever created. Everything is possible, and you can choose to use it or not. Now this will be important latter on, but for now it is mostly irrelevant.
It was a cold August morning. The wind whipped around me with a sting. There was no one outside as I walked to my sad lonely life. That is why I like walking in the morning. It allowed me to forget my troubles. I have no family, and was barely old enough to live by myself. Lucky for me, there was enough money to last me the six years until I was out of college. My friends are the only ones keeping me sane right now. There are four of them, two Twins, the “chosen one”, and my best friend Amber. She basically lived with me now my house right now, and knowing her still sleeping.
Walking along I took in the scenery. The deep red grass, a couple of Welfit trees ran parallel to the road. But the most stunning thing of all was the fountain. The fountain was of a three headed fish that was supposed to represent Jalfod the God of the night. His blue scales, fierce orange eyes, and even his turquoise teeth had a certain charm about it.

When I reached my house I walked in the back, to use the back door, when a sudden crash was heard in the shed. Wasting no time, I grabbed my flashlight and walked inside. There was a particular coldness about the shed, and I never used it. There was a reason for that, a reason that only I know my dark little secret. As it turned out the noise was a local tabby cat that had knocked over a book. The yellow crumbling sides of the books gave it an aged look. As I was to place it back in its slot, as I noticed the title; an involuntary gasp left my lips. I proceeded to drop the book on my foot and ran for the door.
I hurriedly opened the door and slammed it shut. With a satisfying click, I locked the door behind me. I trotted back to my house. Relieved to be home, I took a long walk upstairs, to take a nice shower. Then I would cook breakfast for me and Amber before heading off to school.
© Copyright 2009 George Freeman (madwolf023 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1623241-The-No-Name-Book-Prolouge