*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1619525-Unrequited-Love
Rated: 13+ · Other · Emotional · #1619525
Easy to understand, isn't it? Then, why does it hurt so much?
Unrequited love
"love that is not openly reciprocated, even though reciprocation is usually deeply desired."
-Taken from www.wikipedia.org-

    You love that person, but it doesn't love you back. Easy to understand, isn't it?

Then why does it hurt so much?

    It fills your chest with a warm feeling when that person is near you, when it talks to you, smiles at you, hugs you. It makes you feel funny in the stomach, as if millions of butterflies were fluttering their wings inside of it. Makes your heart race, just by looking at its face. Makes you blush at its touch.

Suddenly, reality pours down over you like a bucket of ice-cold water.

    It won't see you as you do, it won't love you as you do. That look -the one you wished he gave you- is reserved for someone else.
    That person is in love with another.

And you cry.

    You ask yourself why is life so unfair, why do you have to suffer from that person's happiness.

Because it hurts the most when that someone is with its loved one.

    Still, you wish your beloved the best. Still, you put a smile on your face.

But as soon as you are alone, your façade breaks.

    You fall again into that void of pain and nothingness. You fall and fall, but never land.

Depression.

    As much as you cast yourself away from everybody, even if you become as cold as you can get. Even if you bury your heart deep within the earth.

The pain won't end.

    Even though you want to stay away from that person.
    Even if you don't want to be there when that person seeks your advice, your help.

You are always there.

    Suddenly, after some time, your eyes flutter open and you slowly begin to wake up from your nightmare.

It's time to move on.
   
 
   
© Copyright 2009 dein.schwarzengel (easeyourpain at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1619525-Unrequited-Love