*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1611846-Attempt
by Engel
Rated: 13+ · Other · Other · #1611846
a true story, i just wrote it without the ending =)
(something written on the spot, meaning i will likely have to edit it)

      She grew up in the cold presence of struggle, and now has conquered what she has named as frustration, and has birthed a life all her own.  Her heart is held in the hands of children, those by the name of Kyle and Mark- her young sons.  She goes by 'Anna,'  and has learned to isolate herself so she finds security for herself and her children.  In a giant brick house with burgundy shutters, on the second floor of the nicely enclosed country deemed "home,"  she is upstairs silencing the children.
    A loving kiss on the forehead given to the sweet children, Anna whispers of her love to her sons and then departs from their room in a satsified silence.  As she walks down the steps she hears the loud chiming of the door.  It could not be her lover, for he is always away earning his deserved, and despite the bright of summer day at 7 pm, she doubted any company.  She pushed aside the white linen curtain that cloaked one window, and peered out in the dusk to see nothing but rusted, aged maroon van.  Anna was weary, and her psyche pushed her away from the crimson colour... Thus she ignored the doorbell, and she doesn't answer being the cautious mother that she is.
    Moments pass, she checks the doors... The children's breath is irregular in their dreaming occurances throughout the fourth stage of sleep.  Brakes squeal and she rushes to the window...  The crimson van has returned.  Not waiting for the chimes to ring she scurries to the phone, her pale hand shaking while dialing.  Anna greets the officer in a shaky voice, and begans to explain everything.  The officer does as every other is advised to do, and advises Anna to secure every door and window in her large country home.  She responds fretfully that she has, and then saunters to the laundry room as the officer talks nonsensibly about the station's policies....  Anna has in her mind to focus on completeing her tasks for the night, before her husband's return, and placing the crimson van accident in the darker corners of her mind.
    The door groans as she open is,  sighing and giving one word responses to the officer mumbling in her hear.  She is expecting to see two aged machines filled with responsibility, and instead finds a tall, slender man in all black.  His hands our in his pockets, he is a faceless man.  Her eyes widen, and her ears are ringing in turn with the sound of the phone crashing against the floor, followed by her running footsteps.


(a first attempt at a cliffhanger, really... well later i will rewrite this as an addition to it,  this time from the officers view.... however i think i'll struggle with showing suspense from that p.o.v.



Yet another add in because of the 10 limit on my profolio

Perfection is an eerie word... of many faces. Filled with doubt and filled with flaws, as it is only along the surface. We never bother to dive into the water, so much as we do skim the surface, in hopes of seeing through. I've said this all before, and again it shall be written... We need to analyze more, rather than predict. We need to see deeper and denser and consider and ponder...what ever happened to the common thinker? Being shallow, however, is a matter to be treacherous of; shallow water is most easily disguised by a reflecting surface. I used to never know of perfection, but now i'm sure of it... Perfection is not a characteristic, it's a feeling. Once a state of what's moraly considered correct has been reached, perfection is achieved. Here is the issue, though, of an individual's morals... Morals differ amongst the many, with one's being no better than the next. Because innocence has a flaw- that of mercy. We judge not flawlessly but by personal standards, therefore what may be seen as innocent to another is not so much to the next. Free will allows such judgement; allows such comprehension. The levels of morality differing cause confrontations, which reach violent stages obviously... Therefore our entire obstacle which keeps us from perfection in society is that of free will, as seen as the root of the matter... But, how is it we 'overcome free will'? We cannot limit and forbid a person's personality, we cannot banquish free will... So what then? The solution is agreement,the lowering of standards and the raise of others. In order to continue we must find terms of serenity, we must conquer debates and arguements... There are decisions to be made.
© Copyright 2009 Engel (engel at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1611846-Attempt