*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1583440-The-Queens-Assassin
Rated: 13+ · Fiction · Fantasy · #1583440
Young king's mother is killed and he sets out for revenge.
    “Lord Drago, Ulicoth has moved his forces closer to Geurtal, I fear the city will not stand long, under his gaze”

    ‘We should send Captain Kemket and his men to the Hiltoi ridges above Geurtal. I’m sure they’ll meet plenty of resistance, as Ulicoth has most likely sent some of his forces there ahead of the main body of troops. They’ll wait for the others to catch up to them. And while they do our people will cut them down, and will be waiting instead. Then we can send Captain Hadnim to reinforce the city.’

    “That sounds like a very good plan, my king, which is why I have already sent Kemket and Hadnim to those very places not fifteen minutes ago.”

    ‘Good. What would I do without you Delsani?’

    “Lots I’m sure.”

    ‘I just hope Hadnim’s troop can get there sooner then the Dark Lords hordes .... What was that?!’

    “It sounded like an explosion.”

    ‘Are we under attack?’

    “I doubt it. The alarm wards would have sounded.”

    ‘An accident then?’

    “Must have been.”

    ‘We have to know!’

    “Be careful, do not take that corner at speed, encase we are under some kind of attack.”

    ‘It’s my mother’s room. The Ves-guards are already there.’

    “Be careful Drago!”



    ‘You, guard. What’s happened here?’

    “It’s the Queen mother, ma Lord.”

    ‘What man? What’s happened?’

    “We Don’t know majesty. When we got here all we found was a pile of ashes, as you can see.”

    ‘That’s…That’s her bracelet. Dear God, no! Delsani, she’s dead. They've killed her. No, No it's imposible. This can't be happening. How could this have happened?’

    “Honestly, I don’t know myself. Where are you going Lord Drago?”

    ‘To find him and kill him!’

    “Guards go with the king and …”

    ‘NO, HE’S MINE. STAY WHERE YOU ARE, THAT’S AN ORDER!’



    ‘WHERE ARE YOU, YOU DAMN COWARD?!’

    ‘“I am no coward boy.”’

    ‘Turn and face me.’

    ‘“As you wish.”’

    ‘You’re a woman. It’s no matter. Remove you’re hood so I can see who I’m about to kill.’

    ‘“There is no need. I am Killamen, daughter of Salith. I trust you have heard of me?”’

    ‘I have.’

    ‘“Yet you do not tremble at the sound of my name or that of my father’s”’

    ‘What’s the point? Soon you’ll be as dead as him.’

    ‘“No, I don’t think so. Not this time, but don’t worry boy. We will meet again, I assure you.”’

    ‘No, today you dead bitch. Ahhh …what the hell?’



    “King Drago, are you alright.”

    ‘Delsani, is that you? I …I can’t see!’

    “Here let me look at you. I think it’s temporary and there doesn’t seem to be any permanent damage. Your sight will return in a little while.”

    ‘It was Killamen. She killed my mom and blinded me before could do anything to stop her.’

    “Here at Telian? Are you sure, my Lord?”

    ‘She told so herself.’

    “Then it seems we have a lot to do.

    Guards patrol the whole of this building and the three towers.”

    ‘“Yes sir!”’

    “We’ll do are best to find her Drago.”

    ‘It’s too late. She’s gone. I can feel it, old friend.’
© Copyright 2009 R. Alan Ferguson (royalspartan at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1583440-The-Queens-Assassin