*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1570226-I-am-a-woman
Rated: 18+ · Draft · Spiritual · #1570226
Young women, who don't ever feel .. good enough.
  The morning arrives, you roll out of bed feeling scared. Scared of being reminded you are a woman. You walk past your bedroom mirror and think to yourself , why am I so fat? Why aren't my bones sticking out like the movie stars in Hollywood. I am simply not good enough for this world. You find yourself fighting with yourself everyday, and everyday it get's worse.



You decide to watch a comedy movie thinking maybe I will laugh, but instead you once again are hit in the face with inequality. Thinking to yourself, they think we are a joke. The only role a woman can play in a comedy is the drunk girl, the drunk girl who dances on tables with no clothes on while the men tackle a joke with their friends on how they are going to take her home. Or, the drunk girl who kisses every girl in a the bar while the men just stare. So you think to yourself , I am a woman .. Why?



  They won't pay us like a man. They don't think we can do it. In some countries woman are sold like items, like we are something you would buy in the meat department in the grocery store, a juicy peice of meat. Sold off to men. Shut off in a room where they drug them and turn them into prostitute's. I can't believe what I hear, what I see, I am a woman.. Why?



We are living, breathing human's, just like men. When will we be equal? When will they look at us like we aren't just a joke, and only put on this earth to be something a man can look at for entertainment. Well that I will never know. But I do know that I am a woman, who just wants to be exceptional. I can throw a hammer just like them. But more importantly I can love, I can fight. And I can survive inequality and the horrible things I face on a daily basis, as a woman.

© Copyright 2009 Caitlyn (caitlynmarie at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1570226-I-am-a-woman