*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1558346-On-My-Shoulders
Rated: ASR · Short Story · Family · #1558346
Between school drama and parents, what more could a middle school kid handel?
It was an early morning on Julia's 11th birthday, November 16th. She was syked and couldn't get to sleep all night. Julia tossed and she turned, thinking about this and that but nothing could distract her from getting her presents. It was 8:45 AM when she watched her last episode of Roseanne before she bursted into excitment.
"Mommy! Daddy! It's my birthday! Where are my presents?" Julia said as she jumped on their bed.
"Julia, it's 8:45, why are you awake?" said her mother.
"Uhh, didn't I just say IT'S MY BIRTHDAY?!?"
"We heard ya', we heard ya'. Don't worry we'll be out in a few minutes. Turn the TV on and-"
"I watched TV all night and can recite some of the Full House episodes, I think it's time for presents!"
"Okay, okay. We'll open them at 9, just take a chill pill and relax."
Julia jumped down and skipped out of her parent's room. Even though she had been sick of it, she turned the TV and put on VH1 and listened to some music. She danced crazily while singing and had a 15 minute party doing exactly that.
Her dad walked out his bedroom in his bathrobe. He went into the kitchen and grabbed his cup of coffee, sat down in the chair, and changed the channel to "The Hunting World". Julia sat down to catch her breath and watched some of the show. Suddenly her mom walked out and kissed Julia on the forehead, "Happy birthday, Julia."
"Yeah, yeah whatever. Just give me my presents!"
"Hold on one second, they're in the back room."
Julia jumped up and down until her mom returned with a big box in blue wrapping paper. Julia gasped and hugged her mom, "Thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, THANK YOU!" Wrapping paper flew all around the living room and revealed a new TV for her room. Then Julia's dad handed her a wider box, but not quite as big.
"Oh, whats this?" Julia again ripped the wrapping paper. The box was for the Nintendo Wii!
"OH MY GOSH! THANK YOU SOOOO MUCH! For the tv and the Wii, I can't be anymore happy." she kissed her dad and mom and took her things. She shut her door and started to open them, gently, just incase they had to be returned. Her grandpa (a.k.a Pop pop) walked into her room,
"Happy birthday Julia!"
"Thanks pop!"
He handed her a card decorated with butterflies and glitter that said 'Happy Birthday to my Best Grandaughter" in fancy script. Inside was a 100 dollar bill.
"Oh my gosh, pop you really don't have to give me this."
"No no, I want too. It's your speical day."
Julia gave him a hug, and he closed the door. She turned around and looked at her new presents, took a deep breath, and took the TV out of the box. She un-hooked her other TV, and moved it aside. Julia hooked it up all by herself, and turned it on. The picture and sound were perfect, which made a big diffrence between her permently muted black and white old one that broke last month. Next was the Wii, which was pretty easy to connect. Almost imedietly she started playing Wii Sports Bowling. Then her mom came in.
"I see you needed no help chaning TVs or hooking anything up."
"Nope it was pretty easy. Watch me bowl!"
"How can you bowl?"
"Like this..." Julia swong her arm like in a real bowling game.
"Cool!"
"Yeahh!" The two of them spent the next half hour or so bowling together.
In the living room her dad was still watching TV. He got up and went to check on the both of them, he saw Julia hit a strike and clapped.




TO BE CONTINUED SOON p.s. this is not the end of the story
© Copyright 2009 Jennifer (supersly16 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1558346-On-My-Shoulders