*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1558231-My-heart-is-an-open-book
Rated: E · Other · Emotional · #1558231
The pages of my heart, written in red...
My heart is an open book
By Michelle Klear

An open book like an open heart; so many things left unsaid or undone.
I thought I could close the door and hide the key, keep those things from haunting me.

This time the words called from the attic, they would not be still. They had to be heard. Too many memories that wanted to come clean; The lessons not learned.
How do I come to terms with a love not done? I had to go looking for answers.

I thought I was ready, what a fool I was. I could never be prepared to love again. Not like that, not with him. He was too much man for me. I had to sin.

It was a simple sin, it started out slow but soon like our love, it had to grow. It had no place to go, but it smolders, changing me. Forever I will be free from the haunting mystery of his love for me.

My book written in red, across the pages of my heart. I will never forget. Sin I might have done, but I would do it again to be free from him.
© Copyright 2009 ShellySunshine (michelleklear at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1558231-My-heart-is-an-open-book