*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1522258-Thaumaturgy-of-Love
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by jyo
Rated: · Article · Emotional · #1522258
Its about love, what it is.How can it help an individual and consequently the whole world.
“ I love French food"; "She loves her boss and works hard for him"."I love cooking". "Children need a lot of love". "Their love left them indifferent to their surroundings". "She was his first love".

The ubiquitous emotion, love: a feeling that beguiles you, me and any organism in this cosmos. Love is: the comfort that an infant savors in its mother’s lap, the fright a mother gets when her little one comes back late from school, the immense gratification a boy gets after talking to his beloved, the amazing touch therapy cure...

Love has immense power. Mira’s love for Shree Krishna could turn poison to charanamrit. I would elucidate this citing the story of a cruel father and his daughter:
The father’s birthday was approaching. The excited little girl asked him to give her some money for the gift. He rebuked. Notwithstanding, she borrowed some money from her friend and got a small box. The day before his birthday, while returning from school, her bus met with an accident and regrettably the girl passed away. The father was disheartened. At midnight, the fatigued father found a box along with a letter beneath his pillow. The letter read: “Father, this is my birthday gift to you; I’ve collected my kisses for you, whenever you miss me, just take one of them out and feel that I am there.” The speechless and tearful father could only pray for redemption.

This allegory exemplifies what love is capable of - It can make a pauper rich; it can make a lame run (We all must’ve read in newspapers during the Bhuj earthquake); it can build the Taj and the list goes on. Unconditional love, the love of the little girl for her father speaks a thousand words.

Love is worship. The great sages could attain salvation because of their love for Him. In my view, that is the purest form of love. Atheists believe that they do it out of daftness. I would suggest them to continue without any unnecessary debates. Love is not eroticism. It is something very pious; the cupid (a little angel) personifies this sanctimonious feeling.

Love is eternal. It’s scope is not a lifetime. Dr. Bryan Weiss, in his book, ‘Only Love is real’, has mentioned a number of cases he has dealt with. His therapy of Past Birth Regression is good enough to affirm this perspective.

Love is sacrifice. Sacrifice can be best delineated by ‘mother’s love’. But in these times, we often hear ‘A boy hangs himself to death because he couldn’t get his love’, ‘A guy kills two as a revenge for killing his beloved’... this is an affront of love and I feel this is insanity. Life is precious; only fate has the right to take it away.

When love is so strong a feeling then why we humans don’t use it in every aspect of life? Love thy work. If you come to office to hastily finish your work, you don’t love your work; rather you are squandering the opportunity to learn more!!! Make work your ‘beloved at office’ and not a means of earning. Someone said it best when he said: “If you love your work then love it as much as Bill Gates does”. Love humanity. What you give is what you get. Mother Teresa, the mother of the lepers, is the best example I could think of. This is feasible only when  you love yourself. Loving yourself implies doing things that make you happy. If you find it hard to follow this love-prescript, then try this out:
Robin Sharma proposes a rule, in “The Monk who sold his Ferrari”, that the Sages of Sivana (Indian sages living in the Himalayas) conform to, “The 21 day rule”. He proposes, rising with the sun, beginning the day with yoga or aerobic exercises, eating and thinking sattvic, and sleeping early for continuous 21 days, will automatically bring about a positive change in your personality. This might be a somewhat woozy form of experiment, but I would suggest you to try it out for a day, and feel the difference yourself.

Perhaps, some people will disagree with my thoughts. Also, for a few, this article might seem to be just another spiritual discourse. Through this, I just wanted to convey my view that to achieve true success in a lifetime, this realization is a requisite.

India has improved its global stand to a considerable degree. The west is gradually following Indian Tradition. But India on the contrary is losing its deep roots of history; the bond of love, religious harmony, compassion... There is an urgency to bring a change and have a revitalized India. Also the current global instability calls for a spirited youth who can feel the urge for a personality CHANGE. If it takes long to realize this, the day is not far when man fights man and that will will will consequently end the ‘so-called’ peaceful world. “Take away love and our Earth is a tomb”, Robert Browning words say it all... 
© Copyright 2009 jyo (jyoti_pandey at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1522258-Thaumaturgy-of-Love