*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1519099-Gayatri-Mantra
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: · Short Story · Family · #1519099
Its a short story.
Gayatri mantra

Chandraon is a village, which is around 25 km away from Gorakhpur. It is the home of the famous Nath community. The roads are full of colourful people. Usually on Makar Sankranti city- born, avoid to go outside as the villagers gather here to celebrate this festival. Rickshaw pullers try to pave the way between congested roads. Ting… ting… ting, the bell rang in the Kali mandir. However, the Goddess herself is helpless to make ways for her devotees.

Durga Sanker Shukla, please come on the stage to take the trophy… Durga Sanker. Miss Jenilia repeats and a blonde boy came and took the trophy. He is in second standard but looks five year older than his classmates. The winner boasts of himself through out the day.

Ting..ting..ting.. Fifth period: Miss Aliya is taking the tedious Maths class. Children with good calculating power are quite attentive than those of yawning. Durga Sanker Shukla, peon called ‘somebody has come to see you.’ Three old women are waiting impatiently in staff room; a group of naughty children encircled them. Sarasatti, the smartest one among them inquires about Durga Sanker’s studies.

‘Devi ji, hamaar nati thik se padhela ki nahi. (Miss, our grandson studies well or not.)
Agar nai padhe te dihin ek satak pathiya per. (If he denies to study then slap him on his back.) All teachers giggle on her consciousness over studies. Yes, mata ji we will take care of him. In the whole episode poor Durga Sanker bent his head down as he is about to face his schoolmates.

Om Bhurbhuvah Swah Tatsa Viturvarenyan Bharga Devasya Dhimahi Dhiyo yo Nah Prachodayat. ‘Now Durga Sanker I’ll teach you Ved, Upanisad and make you Vedic acharya. You need not to go back to that angreji school, learn Gita it will make your future bright. Now Baba Ramroop Shukla is proud of his grandson.
© Copyright 2009 madhwika (madhwika at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1519099-Gayatri-Mantra