*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1486117-my-life
Rated: · Essay · Biographical · #1486117
an essay about my life
THE LIFE OF A FRUSTRATED WRITER


Twenty-three years ago, my mother gave birth to me as their second child. According to my parents, I was a very good baby. I seldom cry everyday and didn’t give them headaches at night. Nice isn’t it?

As early as I could remember, I was only three years old when I started to write. With my brother as a nursery student, I used to write with him when he was doing his drawings. That time on, I couldn’t write the letter S and made it like its backward form instead. Aside from writing, my mom told me that at this very young age, I could read simple English and Filipino words and made my mom and dad proud of me. I had the advantage against my classmates in prep school. While my classmates were enjoying those nursery thymes, I would insist the teacher to have writing or reading activity instead.

During my elementary school days, I enjoyed every moment of it. Having a lot of friends really helped me in dealing with extra curricular activities. We enjoyed camping, and some of them were with me during English and Math quiz bees. It was all like playing outside the house with a much wider environment.

The highlight of this period of my life was when I started to appreciate music. I always laugh about the idea that I “idolized” the HANSON—you know, the band that consists of 3 brothers (Isaac, Taylor, and Zac) and sang the pop song Mmmbop. Actually the band really made good music. Taylor Hanson was my favorite and the funny thing was I thought he was a girl. My older brother once kissed the TV screen when Taylor was on the show! Freaky huh? Anyway, I urged my parents to buy me their album—cassette tapes were flooding the music stores that time. When I finally had the tape, I played it everyday—during breakfast before going to school, during lunchtime, and after dinner. My family especially my parents were sick and tired of hearing the same songs every single day. But I had no choice, I was really into them! The day I graduated and received an honor, I dedicated all of it to this band—witty huh?

Moving on, my high school days were even greater. Apart from my first batch of friends, I had the chance to meet new ones from different elementary schools. I used to go to a science high school and I can say that it was all different compare from the past curriculum. To be one of the students of a science high school like this, I had to be more serious in studying. I had to say my farewells to basic math, English and Science, and bid my hellos to trigonometry, chemistry and basic accounting.

At this point of my life, I realized that my school career was going down. It was all a surprise for me that I couldn’t cope with the lessons anymore. I couldn’t express myself in writing essays, solve simple equations in algebra, and I drooled myself in chemistry and basic accounting. However, this was the time that I believed that after a heavy rain, the sun will shine again. Truthfully, I wasn’t that clever in academics but I discovered that I love to make my own poetries. Yes, at last—I finally found something that I’m good at. While my brainy classmates were harassed from assignments and seatwork, I was skulking at the corner of our classroom, and made my imagination fly.

There was a time when I submitted one of my best poems to our school newspaper. I anxiously waited for its release, and to my utmost disappointment, it wasn’t publicized. I almost threw the paper and made some cursing words to the staff. From that moment on, I decided to keep all my poetries to myself alone.

My high school days weren’t over yet. When I was bound to my senior year, the school kicked me out because I didn’t reach the minimum average. So I transferred to a different school and made myself popular and they called me Ms. Pretty Transferee. I had so many “firsts” in my senior year—first boyfriend, first smoke, and first award in extemporaneous speech. I graduated without any honors and awards but we are proud enough to this little achievement.

I thought that high school moments were the best—I was wrong! My college life was way better than I thought. It was a mixture of disappointments, triumphs, pains, happiness, and fulfillment. To begin with, I took the Bachelor of Arts major in Mass Communication—which I really wanted. Far away from home, I was truly inspired to do my best because this was my last chance to prove myself what I am capable of. I was doing well then, until my dad persuaded me to be an SK official. The whole thing was not included in my plans so it was so difficult for me to accept dad’s proposal. At the end, I finally acknowledged it. I became the federation president of our town. In return, I had to stop studying for a while.

Having a big salary, I enjoyed buying things for myself and my family. When I finally had the chance to resume my studies, I didn’t hesitate but I had to register in a nearer school. In these circumstances, I had no choice but to take Bachelor of Arts major in English. Doing politics and my studies at the same time was quite fun. It helped me to be more mature and be more careful in making decisions in life. When I met a guy named Charlie, things just got even better and better.

After my unfortunate relationship with a son of a former governor, Charlie was there. We started as friends before getting into more serious relationship. We were just about six months of being together when he got me pregnant. Of course, it was all unexpected. Both of our families were shocked and got mad when we told about it. When we all calmed down, we planned our wedding—our “secret” wedding.

Our wedding was simple. A few relatives showed up. My tummy that time was nearly five months old and was getting bigger. I knew I didn’t have my dream wedding but I was thankful enough for the efforts of my family.

Being married wasn’t that easy. We had gone through a lot of challenges that tested our commitment to each other. When our first child was born, things got more complicated—I had to stop studying again, deal with other politicians and take care of our newly born child twenty-four seven. But as many people said: it was all worth it.

My college life had been fruitful. I finally got the chance to be one of the editors and writers of our college’s newspaper. It was a very nice feeling when my schoolmates gave their compliments on my articles and published poems—a dream came true.

It took me six long years to finish college. At last, I proved to everyone that marrying at my young age of nineteen was not a barrier to have a bachelor’s degree. I even graduated with a special award for being the feature editor of the year—and that would complete my college moments!

Now that I have to face the real deal of life, I am now currently employed as an admission assistant and marketing coordinator of AMA computer college Dagupan campus. My job is to accommodate the new enrollees, and answer inquiries of walk-in individuals.

My husband and I are working very hard for our two kids. We want to keep our strength and faith to survive the fast change of life. I can say that I am contented with what I have now—happy family, career, friends, and most specially GOD. What more can I ask for?

© Copyright 2008 jackiequillfreak (jackiewrites at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1486117-my-life