*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1457020-The-Time-Continuum-Prologue
Rated: E · Fiction · Action/Adventure · #1457020
You got a tropical island, mystery, magic and time travel, what more do you want? Prologue
The river reflected the serene blue of the sky. The water made gentle lapping noises on the sides of the boat, as the Ana Marie vessel steamed along the river, with nothing ahead of it but open sky for miles and miles. Although it was a warm day, the mountains surrounding the river were capped with snow.
Sveral people were up on the deck of the boat to enjoy the weather. All was silent, until;
"Not now, Raine!" A woman screeched, startling several of the other passengers aboard the Ana Marie.
"But Mu-um!" A little girl no older than seven replied, tossing her hair impatiently.
"Raine, I-" The woman stopped, and sucked her thumb where she had pricked it, "Now look what you've done! Go pester your father and leave me to my embroidery!"
A few more hours passed in silence. Nothing more exiting than a few birds flying across the sky, and the sun slowly sinking beneath the mountains had occured.
The door to below deck opened and Robert, little Raine's father appeared.
"Dad!" Raine ran to hug him, but he pushed her away. Raine was shocked as her father had always treated her better than her mother.
"Rosanne, there's something wrong with the ship." Robert said quietly to his wife.
"What?"
"There is something wrong with the ship." Robert's voice was of forced calm, but his eyes betrayed fear.
"Whaddaya mean, there's summat wrong with the ship?" Yelled Mrs. Morrow, who was evidently eavesdropping.
Shouts echoed across the ship, paniced cried and even screams. Amid all of the noise there was a jolt. It knocked several passengers over. Something heavy collided with Raine's head and all went black.
Some time later, Raine woke up on a sandy beach. Dust was thick in the air, and she could hear crying and shouting. Something glinted in the sun, and Raine, unsteadily, went to pick it up. It was the stone from her fathers necklace, under some stones in a pile of rubble.
Raine knew what lay under the rest of the rubble, and, as her mother ran, screaming for her husband, Raine had never wished she had been wrong more.
© Copyright 2008 Lizzard (lizzpop at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1457020-The-Time-Continuum-Prologue