*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1428160-Thoughts-on-love
Rated: E · Other · Other · #1428160
Rantings of a rejected girl
The worst part about falling in love is knowing it won't last. When you have been hurt so many times and keep coming back that you have hardened your heart to the point of no return. Can you fall in love at that point? When you expect it to fail and prepare yourself for it ahead of time, is it really love. That all powerful feeling that nothing could possibly tear you apart or come between you. She won't get bored and he won't cheat. You have such high hopes of the future and nothing will get in your way. So if you are broken beyond the point of belief, can you love? If you don't have the hope that love brings, what is it exactly? Is it boredom that draws you to another person? Is it the human need to share your life with someone? How do you come back to the point where there is joy and hope again, when your connects are not just sexual but true connections with that other person. Once hard and broken can you come back? Is there any hope? How do you find it? How do you break the walls and silence the fears of rejection? Maybe the answer is in drugs, or religion. Maybe it is an outside source that brings you back. A knight in shining armor that kisses you and opens your eyes to a world long ago lost. Or a pill you pop to block the memories that hardened you. There must be a path and way... the world is full of hurt and disappointment. If even half of us had been pushed to this point, would the population continue to grow at such a rapid pace? Maybe you are just born with the ability to separate the negative from your thought processes. To continue to truck on through thick and thin with the hope that you will find the happiness you are looking for. But for the rest of us, we'll just have to drink more I fear.
© Copyright 2008 Dominique Gutierrez (dominiqueg617 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1428160-Thoughts-on-love