*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1418088-Where-My-Heart-Belongs
Rated: E · Short Story · Other · #1418088
Cordelia's first Home and a Love that was written beore she was Born
I couldn't believe that I have bought my own house and would not have to live in a small apartment anymore and I can build my life here forever.After walking past this cute little house most of my life and wishing I could live there.That all of those long ago dreams had come full circle and as funny as it sounds I felt like this is were I was meant to be.As if this small house had been waiting for me to grow up and come back to it.Which through all those years and everyone who had at one time or another call my new house home, It had been neglected in some way or other and so all my friends and the few family members I had left said I was crazy.I might be since I would have to replace plumbing and all the wiring not to mention a new roof .
I told them all not to worry the house and I would be fine it will all work out in due time.So on the day that I signed all the papers to make that eye sore as it was called by most everyone in town.I was floating and so happy that I couldn't wait to go to my new address that was going to be home no matter how hard I had to work and sweat it was going to be my haven from the world. I knew just how I wanted everything to be once I was done with all the work.I would have to start with the plumbing first and to make it all move faster I knew I was going to take out all the sheet rock to get to the pipes and the electrical too.It is a good thing I had a bath and a half so the bedroom, kitchen and half bath would be left for last on the list.
Everyone thought that all the classes that I took at the Adult learning center were odd ones to choose but I knew one day it would help me and as you must of guessed they all had to do with the remodeling and basic plumbing and the like.Now I could do most of the work on my new Home and when I could'nt I would hire those that could.I could use some food and I still had a few boxes to finish moving to make first night here cozy.All of my work done and a pizza in hand I was back for my first night and start of my new life.I thought I would fall asleep as soon as I laid my head down but at first the new sounds of the house kept me up but sleep came to carry me away soon enough.
The next morning I woke feeling worse for the ware and all the odd dreams that I had all night that I just couldn't shake off.It had to be just the new house,noises and all those things that go bump in the night.I'm sure once I become adjusted to all of these changes everything will be fine.Although I had lingering feelings from the dreams I had the night before.There was no one feeling like dread or fear just something but nothing I could put my finger on and say yes that's it.The phone rang and about made me jump out of my skin,it was the electician to make an appointment to come over and give me an estimite on my work.Now I had to hustle and get ready fro the day and the dreams didn't seem so looming.

The Electrican said it wasn't that bad and would not cost as much as I was dreaming in my own head.So that was set he could update everything in a month and could start the job in a week so now on to the plumber.I can only hope and pray things go as well for that.
© Copyright 2008 Miss Large (babybitz451 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1418088-Where-My-Heart-Belongs