*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1397249-A-New-Begining
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by Niyati
Rated: · Essay · Self Help · #1397249
I'm speaking aloud about an experience within myself :)

Born again!! am I?? that’s what I feel today. I am back dancing to my own tunes (actually not mine, I mean I am back with my dance practice once again, a different style this time). Those little happiness that I yearned for, all that I missed these long years, Is this, what I wanted??? How much I had to fight to go up on stage last time. I still remember the days I cried… the promises that were made and broken without realizing, it broke my heart as well…

It’s not just with me alone; I have a friend who feels something like what I did a few years back. She is a professional singer, I can say. Music is her passion. There is nothing that she can do without music; she needs music to wake her up and to put her to sleep as well. She sings so well, that I would force to keep myself awake, when sings the “thallatu” (lullaby) just because, I don’t want to miss even a single line.

But today, she seems to have everything in this world. She is even married to the man whom she loved so much. BUT, she can’t sing in her own house. She feels so uncomfortable and has even lost all her confidence I would say. I can see the tears and feel the pain in her eyes, when she says this to me. She tries to sing, and there, is her husband and his people mocking at her. Not that they want to, but having come from a different cultural background, they are not able to enjoy or even appreciate it. I really feel sad for her. She seems to be happy, but she doesn’t seem to as well.

It sounded foolish for others, when I said “I need to practice”. It was easy for them to say “it’s enough you have done it so long.” But do they understand the efforts I have taken and the money my parents have spent for me. Dad and Mom have sacrificed so much to see me on stage. I still remember the tears of joy in their eyes when I received certificates and cash awards. All this had to be forgotten.

Today, I am back practicing with dreams and hope to go back on stage once more. I feel happy that I got an opportunity once again. I didn’t expect I would. I have all the little happiness that I missed so long. I had to pay a huge price though. It’s not only a new beginning today, but a very tough one as well. I will have to start from the scratch. But not everybody would get this opportunity. In a way, it’s ok if they don’t coz only I know what I have lost and the pain it has caused.


‘A journey of a thousand miles must begin with a single step’. So have I started my journey again with the hope ‘A hard beginning maketh a good ending’. I know it will. Waiting to see how and where I proceed ……………….. 
© Copyright 2008 Niyati (pady at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1397249-A-New-Begining