*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1392710-Putting-in-their-two-cents
Rated: · Other · Other · #1392710
advice - wanted and unwanted
Sometimes the last thing I want to do is talk. Especially after having a discussion regarding where my relationship is going. Why do people look at women like they have 3 heads when they say the don't want to get married or that they don't want to have children? I thought that I wanted to get married and have children mainly because isn't that what everyone wants?

My sister and her husband decided to call me regarding my relationship. Or more like they tricked me into calling them so they could give me advice on what to do. There's nothing like getting advice from your sister and brother-in-law and they sound more like your mother than your own mother. They like to practice tough love. I tend to practice tuning them out. And as much as I tune them out, something always sticks with me and makes me feel like a complete asshole.

I am waiting for the day people take me and my choices for my life seriously. One day my family will understand. But for now I don't care what they think. I am loving what's been going on in my life. If what I am doing makes me happy shouldn't that make the people who supposedly love me the most happy for me as well?
© Copyright 2008 babychan808 (kuuipo19 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1392710-Putting-in-their-two-cents