*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1382578-The-Winner
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by vineet
Rated: · Short Story · Emotional · #1382578
A person, who want a different career, who want his own way, who wants to live life.
Its month of january. Chilled air is blowing the villege colder. He is rushing towards the city, wearing only a shirt, as if its weather of spring.
Very brigth personality, cheerfull in nature and a very good painter.
Today is the result of the art competition, winning this can make him to get admission in a top arts academy, he always wanted to join. He want to make painting as a career. He knew its hard, but he believes in him. He just dont want to live for living. He want more from life.
It takes long time to reach the city, as soon as he reached there, a sound hit his ear '....and the winner of the event is........'
He cant believe it, how it is possible . Its not true, my painting was the best there was no doubt. How can they give this prize to someone else ?
All these questions were hitting his ears like needle.
Without even entering the hall, he turned back. many question were in his mind and the biggest question was.......
Now what? All his dreams were based on this event......He is a looser......How he will face his parents, his teachers, his friends ?
Every one will laugh at him.
It was very hard for him to quit studies for his hobby, every one opposed him but he was a true fighter, he wants to live life in his own manner......He won the fight against one line thinkers, he found his own way and this way was through his paintings.......
paintings, that tells the truth of todays world......paintings, that shows the images of humans.......paintings, in which he lives life..........
Suddenly every thing changed. Some time a small incident can shake the whole planning. a small hole can sink a huge ship. His ship was facing the same situation. Still the question was same 'Now What ?'
While entering his home he was scared. how to face his parents ? how to tell them that you were right....there is no other option for a framer's son exept eating and earning.......there is not at all an option to live life.......
He was hardly able to walk. As soon as he enterd the house he found all his friends, along with his parents and also some of his relatives were waiting for him. There was a chocolate cake kept on the table. People just rushed towards him to congratulate. lots of hand shakes, lots of compiments, lots of words that can please a person and lots of gifts. He was afraid. How to tell them that he has lost, he is a looser, he does not deserve all this. Everyone is happy, they are so much confident on him. They know, for him, there is no chance of loosing. He is still, determined in his mind, he should tell them that he is not worth of compliments, he had broken all their confident, he is.......
' What happened son ?', ' Are not you happy', ' See you have made it.' his father said slowly in his ears.
' Father, you dont know, but i m not the winner, i am sorry....' he was not able to speak further, he just wanted to hold his father.
' you are a winner, see this.....' he took out a letter from his pocket and showed to him. This was the admision letter of academy he always wanted to join. His dream was in front of his eyes. He is unable to believe. Yes, he is a winner. Still he was not able to speak, Still he wanted to hold his father. A small drop of water felt from his eyes. He failed to stop those drops. He hold is father very tight.
' If you have not been selected, still you are the winner, you have selected your own way, you have your own thoughts, you are not droven by others thought, no one can divert you from your way, there is open sky for you to fly, no one can stop you, we have confidence in you........my son.......you are a winner......'
All that he was able to say was ' i love you, father......'
© Copyright 2008 vineet (nagv at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1382578-The-Winner