*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1357004-What-Is-The-Real-Meaning-Of-Christmas
Rated: 13+ · Chapter · Entertainment · #1357004
How the Christmas Holiday is misused in this day.
"What is the true meaning of Christmas"?, you may ask yourself from season to season. It really is the trendy holiday rage now to go absolutely Christmas psycho, buying every little decoration that screams MistleToe or even Santa cramming his rump shaker down the chimney. We lose many nights of sleep wondering if our offspring will actually appreciate the ABC blocks, the Tricycle, or even the computer and IPod we worked so hard to be able to give them.

I sense a little insanity here, and I know everyone else is thinking the same......as least I have your attention, in any case. When did Christmas become this completely governmental money pit that is just waiting for it's unfair overfill to fill Uncle Sam, ahem, I mean Ssnta's pockets for all the work that has been done to make it seem so wonderous and shall I dare say pricy? It seems that our whole economical and cultural values in this country have been compromised somehow. When do we ever think of Tiny Tim, screaming "God Bless Us, Everyone"!, when we are ripping that last $80.00 cashmiere sweater off the shelf in a size 8 for our best friends?

Do we ever think as we are trying to impress our holiday guests with a $ 400.00 dollar meal that the cost could be cut in a fourth and we could actually save the rest for a rainy day....or maybe since the drought this past year, rainy days are a sparse memory of the days of " I Love Lucy". There are homeless people out there this winter that need a coat, let alone an outdoor snowglobe worth $300.00. It's the egotistical and mind escaping thought that makes most of us go berserk if we can string our house with at least 300 lights and have the manger set in the yard too. I guess what I am trying to say is that the next time you are sitting in front of a delectable Honeybaked Ham or a fantastical 60" plasma, think about the person sitting across from the dream item first, and evaluate how much you love them and are grateful to spend the quality time with them, not how much they spent on you, and the time the manufacturers needed to bring it to your home and hearth.

To Be Continued.......
© Copyright 2007 Violet The Nun-MY POEMS R GONE (purp-l-otus99 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1357004-What-Is-The-Real-Meaning-Of-Christmas