*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1353008-Nova-Blaque
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by Blaque
Rated: 13+ · Other · Action/Adventure · #1353008
A top-class freshman student steps up to save the world from his elite superhero school.
Information:

Character:
Cassidy Blaque a.k.a. Supernova, 23 years old, 5’10 in.

Powers:
Power Sourcing (Sun), Cosmic Blasts, Cosmic Durability, Flight, Accelerated Healing

Description of Powers:
Power Sourcing (Sun) – Supernova can receive vast amounts of power from the Earth’s sun, which fuel his powers continuously.

Cosmic Conversion – Supernova’s greatest and dangerous asset. Blaque can conduct the power in his body via concentration and use it to increase a power of his choice – attack, defense, or speed – but at the expense of the others.
(i.e.: 60 sec. concentration = 10% cosmic conversion, 10 minutes = 100%)
(i.e.: 10% attack = -5% defense and -5% speed)
(i.e.: 200% [*max] attack = -100% [**minimum] defense and speed)
• *Max – Supernova’s maximum; near-limitless power.
• **Minimum – Supernova’s minimum; mortal-like power.

Cosmic Blast(s) – Supernova can expel cosmic energy from his hands or his body at any time of need. The levels of cosmic energy can range from comfortable heat to melting adamantium; though, the process of using such extreme cosmic energy could leave Blaque temporarily drained of power.

Cosmic Durability – Supernova has the ability to create a cosmic force field, the strength of which being based on his willpower; Blaque can alter the level of his force field to reach neigh invulnerability.

Flight and Super Speed– Supernova can fly in the air or move faster than a normal human by using the cosmic energy in his body as propulsion. Based on the conversion of his cosmic energies, Blaque can fly or run faster than the speed of light.

Accelerated Healing – Due to the cosmic energies built up inside him, Supernova regenerates at an accelerated pace. Cosmic Conversion doesn’t apply to this factor as it is continuous.










Chapter 1: The 23rd Year

“Happy Birthday, Blaque!”

Blaque made no attempt to stir but cracked one eye open to see who disturbed his sleep through History Class. His hazel eye peered upon Rene Barnes, one of Blaque’s few friends in ‘Terra Hero Development School’. She was very good looking for a 22 year old student; brown skin, full lips and her signature feature, maroon eyes. Blaque closed his eye again, retaining the image of her trying to wake him up again with the absence of her pink jean top and skirt.

“Why are you bothering me, Rene? Can’t you see I’m studying right now?” Blaque finally retaliated.
“Drooling on page 459 about great superheroes from the 20th century isn’t studying -“
“It’s meditating?”
“- It’s sleeping. Now, get up!”

Rene’s eyes went from maroon to crimson as she placed her hand on Blaque’s shoulder and ignited it into flames. Blaque immediately jumped up from his seat due to the fire, the flames scalding him all the way to the skin. He looked at the enchantress with fury as the pain kicked in; her eyes darkened as fast as they had brightened.

“You’ll be okay. We both know you’ll heal. Now let’s hurry before you’re late for sparring.” Rene said, sprinting down the hall.
“Late? Wha-“

Blaque looked at the clock on the wall. He had slept through all of history, the teacher not bothering to wake him up. Everyone except for Blaque was gone to their next class and the bell was going to ring in the next 30 seconds.

Blaque couldn’t allow that to happen; sparring was his favorite subject.

Without thinking, Blaque activated his cosmic speed out of adrenaline and dashed through the school hallways, blowing open lockers and carving through concrete. He made it into his next class before Rene, who had to jump to make it into class as the bell had rung and the door sealed itself shut. Protected by a magical aura, it made the doors impossible to phase through or break open by tardy students.

“Blaque, why didn’t you carry me with you??” Rene responded as she dusted herself off from the dive. Blaque could only smile and scratch his bald head as the cosmic energies settled within him.
“Rene, you know as well as I do that super strength isn’t one of my powers.”

“Are you two done?”

Rene and Blaque looked away from each other and gazed at the teacher who confronted both of them. Mr. Harbinger, a 6”5 male in his late thirties with wiry blonde hair, looked perturbed as the two looked upon him as if he was nothing but a pest in their way.

“By all accounts, Rene, you should be tardy. If it weren’t for your… acrobatics, that is.” Mr. Harbinger said in a sly and calculating voice.
“Thank you Mr. Harb-“
“However,” the teacher said, cutting her off. “I believe that your tardiness has something, if not everything to do with Mr. Cassidy here.” Mr. Harbinger said looking at her friend.
“Sir, call me Blaque.” He responded, obviously with distaste as he heard his first name.
"I'll call you what I think is best, Mr. Cassidy." Mr. Harbinger said sternly. "However, seeing as today is your birthday..."
"Yes, sir?" Blaque said, wondering what Mr. Harbinger was trying to put out.
"I have instead set up a sparring match for you this period." Mr. Harbinger said with a smile. "A double match. You see, i've heard of your powers when you came to this school, Mr. Cassidy. And I am not impressed."
Blaque looked at the teacher with a mixture of intrigue and anger.
"The rules are simple Mr. Cassidy. No weapons, the winner being the one who can knock out their opponent. Are you game?"

Blaque thought for a moment before answering. His eyes never leaving the company of Rene's.

"You said a double match, right?" Blaque said. "Can I choose my own partner?"
"Not that it matters, but yes, you can." Mr. Harbinger said.
"Well then you already know who I'm going to pick." Blaque said looking at Rene. "The only question is," he looked through the other students, "who you want me to go against."
"Excellent question."
© Copyright 2007 Blaque (darrel.hinton1 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1353008-Nova-Blaque