*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1338233-Under-The-Rogues-Shadow-Episode-1-1
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 13+ · Chapter · Fantasy · #1338233
This is the first episode of my work. Enjoy!
Under The Rogue's Shadow                              
Guild Wars: Clans
Prologue: Arrival “My pencil is my brush, my words are my paint and those who read my work are the canvas. I paint as they read, in the end, I made a tapestry.”
         “I’m telling you! I don’t know and keep your hands off my night gown!” I yelled as I slapped the perverted dwarf for holding my gown up. “Ow! I was checking if you are wounded.” the dwarf explained, rubbing his now red cheek. “Why you had to look under my skirt you pervert!?” I was so angry about it, I yelled at the one who saved me from the highwaymen. “Because I see blood on your gown, you dimwit!” the dwarf scolded. I felt terrible. I look at the highwaymen’s corpses, I see one of their daggers is tainted with blood. I was dazed by the accident that I cannot see much of the fight. Suddenly, I feel a great sharp pain on my thigh, and then all went to fuzz and black out. I heard the dwarf’s voice and feel my body being carried, but I could not move. Few minutes past, I finally feel my body stop and what... Why the hard ground felt like my bed? Oh god! I’m home!

Chapter One: Recovering “Art can only be understood, not by looking at it, but felt and heard in the heart.”
         Why don’t I wake up?! I’m home, I had a dream, that all, please let me wake up! The darkness lifts and I could only see fuzz of who I think is the Academy “Prince”, but the fuzz washed out his charming face. My vision return, but I realized that I was not home. I was in a drenched, bone littered cave. I had an intuition that there is a witch who wants to make me, as her stew. I saw the jagged mouth of the cave. I was shocked about what I saw, my savior and a woman, laying her head on the dwarf’s shoulder. I check myself, I’m now humiliated. I was stripped bare, the spot where I felt the pain is bandaged with herbs added and my clothes are hung by the mouth of the cave. The only things that kept me from going around, naked is the doves at the mouth and two large cloths that covers my vulnerable body. I wanted to get out and tell the guards but the herb on my forehead is somehow keeping my body at rest except my head and face. I would have rip that sticky herb, but my body does not do as I command it to do. I struggle my head, trying to free myself from the herb. I hear a voice and it was approaching me. “Don’t try to take it off, it will last longer if taken off too early.” the woman warned. The dwarf came along beside her with his mouth ajar awkwardly. “Tis oly las unil i is wash of.“ the dwarf explained oddly. The woman checks my wound as the dwarf turn around. As she checks my wound, a piece of flesh sticks out of her hair, I realized that she is an elf. “Sorry about Classic’s speaking, his mouth was numbed while chewing that herb on your head.” the elf explained. “Classic? Is that perverted dwarf your friend?” I questioned. “The dwarf is Classic and not really a friend, he is my husband.” She answered. I was surprised that she, so graceful and beautiful, would be married to a low life, scruffy dwarf like him. “My name is Jenna Rogue and my husband is Classic Rogue.” the elf introduced. The dwarf looks at me, like I’m some kind of a gem. “Human and by the skin color, facial features and texture of the skin, you must be Ascalonian or Krytan, but I’ll rather referred them as Tyrian.” the Classic guessed. He is good about that guess, I’m from Tyria, but I’m really from Ascalon. If he knows that, he must had been in Tyria or even Ascalon, he must know how to get back. “Where am I? How in Balthazar’s beard, did I got here?” I asked. Before they could even answered, a wolf with silver fur and crystal like fangs, jumps at Classic, knocking him onto his back. Classic seems helpless under that crazed wolf. I heard the strangest reaction from Classic, instead of grunts and pleas for help, he was laughing and enjoying the wolf’s attack. “Down girl! Hahaha! Stop it, Arctica! Hahaha!” Classic laughs and begs to the wolf. The wolf stops and helps Classic up on his feet. Jenna giggles as she sees Classic gets knocked down and helped up by the wolf. “Arctica? That's the wolf’s name?” I wondered. Jenna nods and answered, “Yes and she is Classic’s and my pet Arctic Wolf.” “Classic found her while traveling to Tyria through The Bane’s Frozen Tundra.” she explained. I had heard about The Shiverspeak, but never heard of The Frozen Tundra. Classic comes to me and put his hand over my eyes and said, “Rest now and know that you are ok.” I heard Classic beckons Jenna and Arctica and they go to the mouth. But I felt not ok! Sleeping with strangers around? I could be really kidnapped, I could be a victim of a conspiracy, I could be even be the future victim of rape! Come on! Open your eyes, you stupid woman! I don’t want to be raped! Suddenly, I felt a relaxing kiss on the head... It is so relaxed, I’m already felt safe. I assumed that it was from Jenna. The next morning, I guessed, I wake up and felt no longer numb. I check myself, I’m not raped, not sacrificed, thank Dwayna, and my clothes are set up on my cot. I grabbed my clothes and saw a set of light weight armor and a staff. The equipment except the staff is seem elegantly made by a graceful hand, the staff seems to be made to be as thick as the Summit’s weapons but weigh remarkably light, considering it is made by a light blue steel which should send me to the ground. With no delay of trying to avoid embarrassing myself further, I put on the armor and my clothes over the armor, knowing the armor will not rip my clothes. I see Classic and Jenna, along with Arctica acting like the guards for a fugitive princess, I hope they did not let me be captured like the story I read before. I grabbed the staff, it felt strangely cold, like holding ice without the bad after effects like getting frostbite. As I approached them, Arctica was the first to respond to the sound of my footstep and my armor rustling against my body and my clothes. Jenna was second to respond because she noticed Arctica looking at me. Classic, like a lazy Charr, he snored loudly. Jenna shook him but he did not respond. Arctica howls in Classic’s ear loudly. It made Classic jumped like a champion jumper but only one thing, he was sitting. Classic fell on his head like the silly cat I have at home. Jenna and me giggles at the sight of Classic’s “graceful landing”. For a dwarf, he does seem easily startled when he sleeps. “How do you like the rest?” Jenna asked. “It is great, thanks for the calming kiss.” I answered and complimented. “Calming kiss? Classic is the one who calms you down with his kiss.” Jenna explained. I was disgusted, kissed to sleep by the dwarf who looked under my skirt “for wounds”. Jenna gets up and straightens out her armor and hair and Classic gets up and brushes the dirt off his hair. Jenna snaps her head to the right and fires her bow at lightning speed. Seconds later, we heard a thunk noise, she hit something! Classic rushes to check out what Jenna had killed. Jenna had her bow with an arrow already pulled back. My response, I ready my staff into a defensive stance, a bit clumsy on the posing but at least it is better than no stance. Classic returns, dragging a cloaked man by his neck. “A Nagi Corsair? This is bad, they had spotted us already.” Jenna said in surprise.
© Copyright 2007 J.B. Smith (classicrogue at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1338233-Under-The-Rogues-Shadow-Episode-1-1