*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1334071-Lost-Love
by Chief
Rated: 13+ · Poetry · Emotional · #1334071
Poem about losing a lover,& ALMOST losing my mind.
Love lost a lost love, misled with lust;& trust has no home in my heart, the lock is corroded with rust.
_Time has taken its toll as we've grown ajar,& from afar she didn't scratch the surface, but really she left a scar.
_"There's salt in my wounds, God please relieve me of my hurt!" How the hell does this work? I thought unscrupulous men were destined for dirt.
_But really, who am I to assume? Still overwhelmed with gloom from one wiff of her intoxicating perfume.
_And now, I'm even disgusted just to reflect, filled with regret,& the everlasting-aftertaste of neglect.
_Tortured by memories from all those good times passed;& constantly harrassed by recolections of infinite promises that didn't last.
_So, reluctantly, I'll let her search for my replacement; meanwhile my displacement makes me feel lower than the dirt in Hell's basement.
_Reminisent-demons scream, echoing through my soul, reminding me of when I was whole &, at least, thought I had control.
_But now, it doesn't even seem safe to believe, because when I took time to grieve, HOPE was the first one to leave.
_And FAITH? She seems to have her hand on the door, PATIENCE can't take no more,& LOGIC lay dead on the floor.
_Where do I go from here? I haven't a clue. But hopefully, I can find the true meaning for being, in you.



















































© Copyright 2007 Chief (chief at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1334071-Lost-Love