*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1331661-Just-think-about-it
Rated: 13+ · Draft · Educational · #1331661
How many meanings can one word have?
Time is a diverse word, so to speak. If you really think of all the diffrent ways you can use the word "time" it is really amazing. {age, clock, lastingness,instance, accasion, season, tempo.} So many words that pracatically mean the same thing. The word can be used as a noun, adjective, or verb. Which if you think about it, that alone is fasinating. One word can be used for three diffrent classes of words. Can you think of another word that can be used as a verb, noun, and adjective?

Now if you take the words: age, lastingness, accasion, season, date, future, and even year. {which are all nouns.} No one can make them come sooner or make it happen as they originally would faster. No one can stop it completly. To explain it better. Age, oh we all love the fact that one day we will be older and have wrinkles. Not be able to do the things we once could when we were a teenager. But thanks to medical science there are injections and other methods you can have done to prolong the wrinkles. Which may i add does not last forever. Only if you continue to get them. There are meds and other methods you can take and do to keep you going but i'm sure your body will eventually get use to it and you'll have to change the miligram or something. My point is, you can prolong things that time brings but you can't stop it.

Now tring to make things come sooner than they should. Yeah it can be done but come on its not the same. Now i love the sale promotions that some stores has like "Christmas in july." In my 22 yrs of living i've never had christmas when it was 90 degrees outside. Now i know the point they are tring to prove. But my point is. You can make things out to be anything you want it to be if you have the money and the sources to do so. But it's not the same. I love it when your at work and there is a big clock right in front of you and it seems like the hands never move. Or how about when you are with that special someone and your in the moment and you think to yourself, Man i wish this would last forever. Yeah i'm sure everyone has been in the same or a similar situation. You can't make it last forever and you can't speed up time. Yeah it sucks. Just think about it. Time is amazing. It can bring good and bad. I like to live by the rule,"Time will tell" me personaly it has brought good and bad news. You fall in love and the love grows strong. Thats good. Intime we will all pass away. Death no one can stop. Thats bad. I am pregnant with my 2nd child and i can't wait to see it. But i can't speed the process up. One day i will be able to see my little one though.

Patience is something you really have to have to make a good decision sometimes. I've made the right chose on the spare of the moment but i have also mad bad ones. Where as if i would have waited things could have went alot better. I consider that luck. Which i don't have alot of. I like to consider myself as a very opened minded person. thats why i like to take little things and really think about it, like time. I guess theres no good explanation for why i think of things like this. For me it is exercising my brain and really thinking things through. It may be stupid to some but i think its pretty neat to take some simple and make it big.
© Copyright 2007 imaiginator (hollydm at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1331661-Just-think-about-it