*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1331290-Infidelity
by Rhyf
Rated: 18+ · Chapter · Emotional · #1331290
A stab in the dark
Infidelity.
What exactly constitutes infidelity? Oh I know there are many kinds of infidelity; lies between friends, dishonesty in business, even being unfaithful to yourself, like when you smile and say good morning to that asshole who lives down the road, the one you can't stand and could happily beat into a hospital bed if the opportunity ever presented itself.
But I’m talking about the ultimate infidelity. The one that hits you where you live, the one that has the power to turn a reality inside out and tear a family apart, marital infidelity. 
So what constitutes marital infidelity?
Is it purely physical? And if so, is there a line that can be crossed? Or avoided? What action puts you over that line? A peck on the cheek? An open mouthed kiss? A pants round the ankles blowjob in a semi-deserted carpark? Or does it start with the most extreme sharing of two people’s bodies? Don’t ask me, I don’t know.
Maybe physical actions without intent are just so many party balloons, all full and ripe and bright coloured on the outside, but empty within, lacking in any real substance, and therefore meaningless. I know a few people who think this to be true. Maybe it is.
In either case, as far as physical interactions are concerned, I have been faithful to my wife since we were married over 10 years ago.
So what of intent?
Pure intent, without the physical dimension. If my thoughts are unfaithful, does that make me a cheat?
If so, I’m already guilty a thousand times over.

In my mind I make love to her every day.
Sweet images of the two of us, the mythical soul-mates incarnate, sharing and fulfilling each other on all levels physical, mental, emotional and spiritual.
And at night, when a baser instinct prevails, swathed in the sweat of the summer heat, with the sodden rhythm of my wife’s soporific breathing on my left, I find her in my mind and we fuck like the human animals we are.
Oh yeah, the intention is most definitely there, and when, after 15 years, I finally get to see her again next week, I mean to act on it.
Even though I know it could very well be one of the most monumental mistakes of my life,
I’m gonna do it anyway.
© Copyright 2007 Rhyf (rhyf at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1331290-Infidelity