*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1328072-Glass-Fairy
Rated: ASR · Short Story · Fantasy · #1328072
A man makes a fairy out of glass
         A man, sitting behind a desk in his own home, got up and walked out his door, right before the delivery-man knocked. He silently signed for that package, and handed the man his clipboard, taking the box inside his house.

         He was so excited. He’d been waiting for this one. He took a kitchen knife, and cut the tape away. He opened the box and looked into the seemingly empty box. As his hand touched a Glass on the bottom of the box it glowed bright with Light.  His smile wasn’t one of happiness. His eyes were blank as he stared at the glowing Glass. 

         The voice echoed through his head… “Shape…” he heard it say. “Form” it told him. It wanted his to tell it what to be… His eyes fell out of focus and he stumbled back. He looked at the fading glass. He never did it right the first time. Whenever he tried it always mesmerized him out of his wits.

         He touched it again focused on the form it should take. The Glass rose up into the air, as he took his fingers off of its renewed glow. It shaped itself into a small fairy. A small fluttering glass fairy. He smiled and sat down behind his desk again, only using his offhand to type. The fairy passed by his face. His hand glowed bright, and dots of Light jumped from his fingertips.

         The fairy fell to the ground with a crash a few minutes later. He gathered the Glass and put it into the box it had arrived in. He carried in down to his basement. Hundreds of identical boxes sat there. He set this one down with all the rest, and touched the ground with his hand, a pulse of Light sweeping past the floor. A sudden shaking sound was heard and quickly faded, as he went back upstairs.
© Copyright 2007 J.L. Groves (jlgroves at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1328072-Glass-Fairy