*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1272582-Untrue-Creation-Myth
Rated: E · Short Story · Fantasy · #1272582
Kind of anti-climatic creation story, I would like suggestions.
        In the beginning, there was nothing, all that was there was the six gods. There was a god of fire, a god of water, a god of wind, a god of stone, a god of light and love, and a god of darkness and hatred. They lived in the vast emptiness of space before anything had filled it. They soon became bored and decided to add things to space that would make it livelier. They also decided that they would add extra things to a small area of space which would be their main living space. The gods decided that they would make their living space first and then the rest of space. They were brainstorming for awhile then the god of light and love suggested a light for their living space but the god of darkness and hatred opposed it, so the gods took a vote. The vote ended five to one in favor of the light. The god of fire and the god of light and love were put in charge of creating the light. They practiced by making a lot of small lights called “stars”, (this is why stars are different sizes). After they had been working for a long time, and had made trillions and trillions of stars, they felt comfortable with their skills and they created a giant light that they called the “sun”. The god of darkness and hatred was angry because he had lost the vote so he tricked the god of wind into making a few scattered cyclones. After the god of wind had done that, the god of darkness and hatred added darkness and light-eating shadows to the cyclones to create black holes. The six gods then started to create planets. The god of fire scorched the planets so he quit after the second planet. The gods made a total of eight planets but couldn’t create the perfect planet so they gave up. They didn’t know what to do. After a lot of thinking, the god of wind came up with an idea, “Why don’t us four elemental gods fuse to create a new god altogether?”
         “How would that help us?” asked the god of stone.
         “The new god would be able to fuse elements to create new elements.” replied the wind god.
         “What about our individuality?”  Asked the water god, “Would we ever turn back?”
         “We never turn back, but our knowledge and personalities would meld into one, so that there is no dominant god.” Said the god of wind.
         “I think it is an excellent idea,” said the god of light and love, “all in favor say ‘aye’.” Everyone voted in favor except for the god of darkness and hate.
         The process of fusion soon began. The four elemental gods meditated to cleanse their souls. Then they joined hands and spoke the words of power along with the god of light and love. The four elemental gods started spinning, faster and faster until there was a flash of light and a flash of darkness at the same time. Standing where the four elemental gods had been only moments before, stood the new elemental god, with the powers of all elements and the ability to combine them. He was so powerful, that he gave off an aura of golden energy.
         “I think we will be able to create the perfect planet now,” said the wind god, “for you are now as powerful as the god of darkness and hatred and I.”
         The new god was startled, “As powerful? Don’t you mean more powerful?” he asked.
         “No, I mean as powerful,” answered the god of light and love calmly, “the god of darkness and hatred and I were the first gods, we have concealed our power for a long time.” And with that, he unleashed his power, a golden energy aura surrounding him as well. “It feels good to no longer have to keep it bottled up,” said the god of light and love, “I’m sure that the god of darkness and hatred will have sensed the power we are emitting and let out his aura.”
         “Of course.” Said the god of darkness and hatred, appearing as if from nowhere, he too was emitting an aura, but his was a purple aura of negative energy. “I don’t want to suppress my energy if you two aren’t going to.” He grinned wickedly and lunged at the god of light and love, wounding him. “Ahhh, I’ve wanted to do that for so long.” Licking his lips, the god of darkness and hatred stood over the god of light and love with an expression of pure joy on his face. He had infected the god of light and love couldn’t stop.
         “Please,” he said to the stunned elemental god, “take my powers before they are fully tainted.” He then transferred his powers into the elemental god and died.
The elemental god then picked up the god of light and love and carried him to the space between the second and third planets. Then, using the god of light and love’s body parts, he created a new planet, the perfect planet, Earth. Then he faced the god of darkness and hatred. “I’m going to kill you.”
The god of darkness and hatred laughed, “Big words for a new god.” Both the remaining gods then launched themselves at each other, and the battle began. The elemental god launched blasts of every element at the god of darkness and hatred, but the god of darkness and hatred laughed every attack off, for elements can’t conquer darkness. The god of darkness and hatred could manipulate shadows into shields, a sword, blasts of negative energy, the elemental god was helpless. No matter what element he manipulated to match the god of darkness and hatred he was always pushed back. Then, he remembered, he had the powers of the god of light and love! As the god of darkness and hatred rushed towards him with a shadow sword, the elemental god called forth a shield of light all around him. The god of darkness and hatred was surprised but couldn’t stop so he tried to swerve, as he did so, he brushed against the shield. As soon as he touched the shield, he was thrown back by an unknown force. The elemental god advanced on the god of darkness and hatred. “Now do you believe that I can kill you?” He asked. The god of darkness and hatred just stared back, a look of immense fear on his face. The elemental god summoned a sword of light, and cut of the god of darkness and hatred’s head, then, he summoned all his energy, and created a blast of light and elements combined, shattering the god of darkness and hatred’s body, thus creating moons. Then, he passed out from exhaustion.

. . .

When the elemental god awoke, he knew what he had to do. He went to the new planet, Earth, and used the god of light and love’s final, unspoken power, the power to create life. He used this power and created all of Earth’s living things, plants, animals, and humans. But the power had been tainted by the god of darkness and hatred. The living things that the elemental god had created were able to die. The elemental god then realized, he was tainted, he was dying. As a final act, he undid some of what the taint had done, he gave the new life forms the ability to create life on their own, and then, he died.
© Copyright 2007 Liam McFinn (liammcfinn at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1272582-Untrue-Creation-Myth