*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1264711-Asteroth
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: · Other · Other · #1264711
Prophetic times, love, good verses evil.
The darkness was pierced only by the cries of the hunters. All else was silent and still. my breathing is slow, muted, and beneath even the keanest of ears. The hunters are blind, scentless, and loud, but kid yourselves not, if you make a sound, only luck and a whole lotta skill will keep you from taking te deep sleep. "Time ta move. Daylight better not find one sleeping in these parts. No sirreee! I guess I should tell ya about myself, seein' as ya came all the way out here on some old fool, who never learned how ta keep his toothless mouth shut, rantin n' ravin, 'bout the only honest Elf in Telarusa."

It never ceases to amaze me how I can never sit too long without old ghosts resurfacing to pull me away from the tranquility I've been seeking for over two hundred years.

" So, you've been sent on a mission of the utmost importance to find a warrior of renowned brawn, brains, and virtuous integrity of the highest moral fiber?" Yes noble Elf. My name is Jasper. As for who I am, I will reveal that when the time is right. You need only know that you have ties to my mother and father. Asteroth, you must take me to the temple of the Goddess Elena. Your path is intertwined with prophesies as old as the gods themselves. In the event that killed my mother, I inherited her sight, her memories, and I became the Keeper." " Look kid, I don't know what the hell ya mean calling me Asteroth, but I don't deal very well with all that hocus pocus majik very well at all. See ya later." "Dear lion, rest your mane on mine shoulder."

And then I knew who she was. The time I'd known about since I was turning two. I was born six hundred and sixtyfive years ago. My birth was foretold, as well as a time when my daughter, of mixed races, and myself would save a number of Gods and Goddesses, the world, and all the inhabitants therein. I'm not ready for this. I'm a fall-down. I've never even seen my daughter before. Serin, I see you in her.

"I'm not who you're looking for. I've heard of this Asteroth that you seek though. You must travel northwest for another three days until you come to a village named Kaladin. Someone there can help you." " Stop your lies father. Our destiny is now. I have had the knowledge of this meeting in my head and heart since I was one year old. Mother saw you just an hour before she died. She never loved anyone but you. She knew that you had to stay away, fate made it so. I love you father. I've watched you through Serins eyes and I know your heart.

© Copyright 2007 James Rhymes (jamesrhymes at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1264711-Asteroth