*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1243545-Genesis-Lesson-5-Assignment
Rated: E · Other · Other · #1243545
Lesson 5 - Wordiness
1. The cliff dropped to reefs seventy-five feet below. The reefs below the steep cliff were barely visible through the fog.
REVISED
The reefs seventy-five feet below the cliff were obscured by fog.

2. Their car is gassed up. It is ready for the long drive. The drive will take all night.
REVISED
The car is gassed up for the night-long drive.

3. Sometimes Stan went running with Blanche. She was a good athlete. She was on the track team at school.
REVISED
Sometimes Steve ran with Blanche from the school track team.

4. Taylor brought some candy back from Europe. It wasn't shaped like American candy. The candy tasted kind of strange to him.
REVISED
The candy Taylor brought from Europe had a different shape and taste.

5. Government leaders like to mention the creation of new jobs. They claim that these new jobs indicate a strong economy. They don't mention that low-wage jobs without benefits and security have replaced many good jobs.
REVISED
The new jobs, paying low wages and lacking benefits and security, have replaced many good jobs; something not acknowledged by government leaders.

6. In hopes of rejuvenating their romantic liaison, the couple went on a pilgrimage to become one with nature.
REVISED
The couple took a trip to rekindle their romance.

7. Basically, in light of the fact that Congressman Fuenches was totally exhausted by his last campaign, there was an expectation on the part of the voters that he would not reduplicate his effort to achieve office in government again.
REVISED
Voters did not expect Congressman Fuenches to run for office again after suffering exhaustion during his last campaign.

8. Bothered by allergies, a condition that made them sneeze, some of the preschool children had sinus troubles that caused them to miss several days in nursery school this spring.
REVISED
Some children missed several days of nursery school due to allergies this spring.

9. If you go to the store, you will see that the store is closed on Sundays because the storeowner likes to go to church.
REVISED
The devout store-owner closes his shop on Sundays.

10. One time when I went to the park, my friend, whose name is Jake, went with me and we had fun due to the fact that it was a nice day out.
REVISED
Jake and I had fun in the park one sunny day.


© Copyright 2007 Kit_Carmelite (kit1197 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1243545-Genesis-Lesson-5-Assignment