*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1234671-MY-SISTER
by koeo
Rated: · Poetry · Women's · #1234671
For Wendy by Kat O.
My Sister
For Wendy
By Kathy Olah


I admire your strength and power. Always remember to where it proudly but discretely , my sister, so others only get a hint of your inner abilities.

Don't let your fears overtake you and push down the child within you. Face your fears with courage, my sister, and all will be well in your heart.

Give your heart freely. You will get hurt once in a while but it's part of loving unconditionally, my sister. Fear not a broken heart for it is all part of growing.

Never let things overwhelm you, my sister, just charge in and do one thing at a time and you will get through it without dismay.

When things seem to be at their worst, let your inner child come out to play. Let her speak and hear what she has to say. Trust me, my sister, you will feel better for it.

I admire your independence but don't get so caught up in it that it runs your heart and thoughts. You have so much more to offer the outside world. You need to let go of the need to show the world that you're a survivor; everyone already knows. Instead, let the world see the wonderful person you are, my sister.

When you're feeling down and alone in this cold world, remember that I am here for you, my sister, and I love you.

© Copyright 2007 koeo (msdmeaner at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1234671-MY-SISTER