*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1221623-Words-from-the-Spirit-World-2
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: · Other · Other · #1221623
Random shit I wrote, dont take seriously.
Oct. 3

In ancient Greece, if someone pursued a skill their whole life, they would worship the God of that skill. For example, Sophocles worshipped Dionysus, the God of plays and artistic madness. He won the Athenian festival eighteen times. Maybe I need to create a God or call upon a God from the spirit world that I can worship and become a good artist. Maybe if our society could view Gods of different religions as Gods that represent different ideals, much the same way the Greeks did, we could become more unified.

Of course, there would be people who would adhere to their old beliefs and deny others the right of salvation through their religion. We need to end this judging, no religion promotes the judging of another.

Oedipus builds on very strong subconscious archetypes. Its weird that Freud based his theory off of this story, and it was actually just his own repressed psychological urge to fuck his mother, not everyone elses (debatable). On the other hand, Carl Jung’s theory of archetypes of the subconscious mind parallels this whole idea.

If you created a world in which to base your stories, you could create a God within that world which represents creativity, then you could worship that God from this world. You are a figment of someone else’s imagination; all Gods are symbols of the imagination. So, I could create a God based on creativity and worship him, as he would be a product of my imagination much like Ganesha is the product of someones elses.

One thing that may make Ganesha a more powerful subconscious deity is the fact that millions of people worship him, so he is in the mind of many. However, if you your self birthed a God and wrote stories based off of him, perhaps he would be read by many and become a powerful symbol in their minds as well. Create a God, make people follow it.

Long ago, a man names Paul told me the riddle of the sphinx “What has 4 legs in the morning, 2 in the afternoon, and 3 in the evening?” Oedipus says it is man, and he is granted Thebes. A man I once knew said that there was another answer, and he knew it, but he couldn’t tell me, and if I learned it, I couldn’t tell anyone. I found the answer, unfortunately, I can’t tell you, sorry. You’ll have to figure out the second answer.

Sic story: Tell about what happens to Oedipus after he is exiled from Thebes, when he is blind. The story seems to end on a big down note, the objective of the second story would be to tie things together.
© Copyright 2007 Nonfat Antipop (nonfat_antipop at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1221623-Words-from-the-Spirit-World-2