*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1198885-Consume
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by nyk13
Rated: GC · Chapter · Horror/Scary · #1198885
A high school party turns deadly when they start going missing and showing up dead
Prologue:
Kaci Smith stumbled drunkenly through the hallway, panic in her chest as she took another wheezing breath. She crept unsteadily past the girls locker room in the darkened gym of her deserted high school. Her hand stayed on her rib cage where, from the shooting pain, she knew they were broken. She wiped away a trail of blood which dribbled down her chin from her lip. She heard heavy breathing behind her and broke into a run, stumbling when her equilibrium failed her. An akward shuffling sound followed causally behind her, as if the owner of the sound was unconcerned about the bleeding girl in front of it. Kaci






"Kaci, Kaci where the hell did you go?"
Kara Donavon wobbled down the darkened hallway of GreenSpruce High school. A security camera flashed in her peripheral vision and she ducked behind an overflowing trashcan.
"Stupid moron," she grumbled to herself as she slunk through the dark shadows of the empty high school.
"How is it that while everybody else is partying in the basement, I get stuck chasing after the drunkest one?"
She peered into the gymnasium and, seeing a shadow dash fleetingly under a window, opened the gym door carefully, leaving it cracked open an inch. This was supposed to be a fun evening, sneaking into their high school the night before graduation. Adam Spicer had provided the beer, using his brother's I.D. to grab more booze than they probably needed. She smiled slightly at the thought of her boyfriend trying to act 21. The boy couldn't act 17 sometimes, especially around Sean Jinkins and Kyle Tyler. The three had already played six rounds of beer pong, hence why instead of Sean getting Kaci Smith when he pissed her off, she had to. She sighed, agitated with her need to piss and her desire to rejoin the party. A shuffling noise behind her startled her into jumping, and she swiftly turned around, glaring at the inky blackness behind her.
"Kaci, this isn't funny anymore. I really have to pee and if you keep this up, I'm just going to leave you to sulk alone."
She heard a faint whisper behind her and she walked cautiously towards the boys locker room.
"Kac, that you?"
Kara's voice had reached a stage whisper. Something wasn't right though what it was, Kara couldn't tell. It was like all the hairs on the back of her neck were at full salute, every sense blaring like alarms. She didn't realise she was holding her breath until her lungs began screaming for air. She let the air out with a whooshing noise and tripped over something slightly hard at the same time. She looked down and screamed hysterically. Kaci sat, propped against the side of the locker room door, arms folded in her lap with an expression of pure horror on her face. Her legs were nothing more than bloody stumps, her eyes gouged out of her head. Her mouth grinned a horrible bloody smile back at Kara. Kara stumbled backwards a step and slipped in the growing puddle of blood. She landed hard on her ass, scrabbling back as her hands grew slick and red. She continued to scream in sheer terror, her voice echoing harshly through the school.
© Copyright 2007 nyk13 (nyk13 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1198885-Consume