*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1182196-A-Day-With-Me
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Young Adult · #1182196
It's just a short story about a day with me.
Beep Beep Beep, the sound of the mobile phone alarm going off woke me up from my dreams of meeting Rupurt Grint. I groaned trying to focus but I couldn't, I felt around in the darkness for my glasses. I groaned even louder, because I have trouble finding them, I decide to sit up from the couch I was sleeping in. I picked up my phone and pressed the under stop. Ever since my mother had my brothers put the living room sofa in my room next to my bed, I couldn't tell the last time I slept in my own bed. I continue to feel around on my bed for my glasses but instead found the remote. Groaning I pointed it toward the direction I knew the TV was going to be, and pressed the channel button, Light. I continued my search my glasses and found it softly tucked under a book I was reading the night before.

I sighed and took them up putting it on and got out of the sofa, strengthing Isat on my bed and looked in to my dresser mirror. I frowned seeing the mess of my hair, 'Damn, I forgot to tie it last night.' I grabbed a brush off the dresser and brushed my hair back, pulling a hair band off my hand i put my hair in a ponytail and continued to look in the mirror, "Vanity, Thy name is Ken" I mumbled to myself and smiled, I wasn't bad looking, I had chocolate brown skin and a nice smile. My dark brown eyes, which I think fill perfectly with my pitch black hair and brown round face, In fact you could say I was cute. Too bad no boys think that. I sighed and got off my bed picking up my purple towel off a wooden arm chair that stand in front of my desk, opening my door, I walked out and bumped into my 27 year old brother heading towards the door leaving to go to work, after we both mumble a quick hi, I headed to the bathroom and closed the door behind me. In my house everyone hardly talked to each other, we just walk pass each other and mumble a hi, how are you, fine and a bye and once in a while we all gathered in the kitchen and had a quick chat before everyone thought of something better they had to do and hurried off to do it.


After a nice hot shower I exitted the bath room and pass my 23 year old brother, who was too mumbled a quick Hi and how are you before dissappearing into his own room. I coughed and walked into my room shutting the door behind me and looked at the TV, 'Hey honey what you doing? what's Going on?' Caused me to laugh as Karen Walker appeared on screen talking to Grace Alder in Will and Grace. I sat on my bed and looked up at the clock seeing that it was down 7:30 and I was suppose to be leaving the house at 7:45. I reached to my clothes on and grabbed bag, went into the kitchen to grab a toast out of the kitchen and out the room crossing the street just as a 92 bus came rolling to its stop. I got my bus pass out and swapped it smiling at the driver, who nodded at me. I walked to the back of the bus and sat near the window eating my toast and watched the world pass by.

23 minutes later I got off the bus at Greenford Broadway and walked down my normal path to the E2 bus stop, still holding my bus pass, I waited and watched as E7s and E9 came and went before my bus came along. I got in and sat in the front sit day dreaming about the day before me and looked out window and smiled at the little children playing on the swings as the bus went by. After a few minutes the bus pulled up to Ealing Broadway and I got off and walked down to the mall, I sighed looking in the windows as I walked pass clothing stores and Mobile phone shops. Finally I reached college and swiped my card going though.
© Copyright 2006 KrazieKennie (phoenix_rider at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1182196-A-Day-With-Me