*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1163249-The-twins
Rated: ASR · Short Story · Action/Adventure · #1163249
Short story about twin fallen angels. Sisters Azrael, and Kirael, growing up on earth.
Azrael walked down the hallways, and hugged her books to her chest, looking at the floor, trying to avoid the stares from the humans. Her back hurt terribly, and the pain was working its way onto her face. She was afraid the blood would go through the bandage, and medical tape, and onto the shirt she was wearing. She tried to put it out of her mind, and thought about Kirael, wondering how she was doing, wondering is she was dealing with the pain okay.
***
Kirael sat in Science class, and lay her head down on the desk, closing her eyes. She thought of white, freedom, from pain, from emotion, then she thought of Gran; her smile, her voice, soft and thoughtful, and angry when the men came. They carelessly came, in ignoring Gran, pushing her to the floor, taking the twins away….
***
They sat in the back of the bus together, and cried most of the way to the bus stop, hiding their faces as they got off. They walked into the woods together, in silence, and when they came to a clearing, Azrael said “Take your tee shirt of, and lay down on your stomach, I’ll do you first.” Kirael did, and Azrael lifted up he partially reddened undershirt to reveal blood stained bandages bound around her back, all around the shoulder blades. Azrael unbound them, to reveal a back, covered in dried blood, with two long gashes partially scabbed over some parts still bleeding. She took a water bottle out from her backpack, and poured it over Kirael’s back. Kirael yelled, and then “Aaahhed” feeling much better soon afterwards. Azrael gently rubbed the crusted on blood, and it all came off.
After Kirael did the same for her sister, they wrapped each other with fresh bandages, and pulled sleeping bags out of a bush. They looked up at the stars, and talked quietly to each other, “Hey…..Az?”
“Yeah, whats up?”
“I was wondering why you think they cut them off?….”
“Well the thing is…..I really don’t know why.”
© Copyright 2006 Tavin Mashall (tavin at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1163249-The-twins