*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1153400-Christian-Wiser
by stony
Rated: 13+ · Other · Other · #1153400
A short first chapter of the mind that has yet to unravel.
Christian Wiser

The doctor had been checking on me now for going on five years. His name was Jack Kavin, a doctor in mental health. A rather uncomfortable man who resided in an abandoned apartment building across the street from Winn -Dixie. I visited him every now and then for check ups and sessions; he seemed edgy, for what he said to me was not related to my health but yawned toward subjects I had no idea about. I can briefly remember a session we had a little before Christmas, it was drizzling snow outside and I was wearing gym shorts and a black t-shirt. Stepping closer to the door mat, I could faintly peer inside the stained window, I saw someone I had never seen before, a business agent of some sort. He was six foot five and well built, held a white leather briefcase, and wore a loose fitted tuxedo; a rental.
As I reached for the door knob the business man opened the door and accidentally bumped into me, “ Excuse me sir are you…”, I cut him off abruptly and slung him to the ground were snow flew and fell on top of him. The brick walls were perfect and the snow was like a white wall covering up everything I did. The man was none of my business so I did what was right. He fell unconscious after the impact so why would he care? I brushed out my Desert Eagle, knelt beside his ear and whispered a little something. Placed my gun gently on his temple and tugged the trigger five times. The pistol wasn’t happy, I could tell. Unleashing the rest of the clip all over his body, then placing my gun back into its place. The clip was smoky black and covered in snowy, creamy red blood; clinching onto it I threw it on to the business mans stomach. Were his remains lay bare and cold; his heart had stopped it’s lively beating, letting him pass in a wonderful peace.
I brushed off my shoulders and stepped inside. There was a cozy fire going and ashes covered the marble floor board. I saw doctor Kavin sitting in his leather chair and reading a book on modern literature. “ I see you greeted our visitor, how is he”?
“ You didn’t look at us”, I mumbled. There was a quick silence and then he spoke.
“ I know , I certainly didn’t want to, but I know what you would have done to him. I told him to stay inside until you got in, but he’s a business man, always in a hurry. If he would have stood in here for no more than 30 seconds; ah it doesn’t matter, he left and is out of my way. Even if he stayed, would you have touched him”?
“ It depends on if he would have looked at me. Probably though”, mumbling my words, tired of waiting and ready to leave.
We got down to our regular lesson and about five or ten minutes into it, something unexpected and trifling happened. The doctor took my head in his palms and slapped me! I could do nothing except stare and sit, trying to help myself inside to fix this unexplainable problem.
And on that dreamy, snowy night, alone in myself, having nothing to act or speak, I strolled home along the cool winding sidewalk of the big city.
© Copyright 2006 stony (6311rob at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1153400-Christian-Wiser