*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1139069-Heaven-nor-Hell-Could-Keep-us-Apart
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: GC · Short Story · Death · #1139069
Matt did a horrible thing. He finally realizes the only way to make things better.
~Matt’s P.O.V.~

I see her sitting over there eyes red and puffy from crying all the time; ghostly pale from her skin barely ever feeling sunlight. The warmth in her electric blue eyes has changed to a dull cold icy blue. I haven’t seen her smile in over three months; she can barely even look at me without her eyes welling up with tears. All of this is a big change, she use to smile when she saw me, use to stare at me with her electric blue filled with love and compassion, her skin was filled with color and she was just filled with life. When we broke up was the worst, ever since that day I haven’t seen her happy.

It wasn’t that I didn’t love her anymore; it’s just that I loved her too much. She meant the world to me, and I to her. Everyone had told me her love was a dangerous thing that I’d end up getting hurt in the end. I guess my love was a slow burning poison, slowly killing her from the inside out and I hated seeing her like this, it has started to kill me.

I only ended what we had because I got scared, I’d never thought I’d get so attached to someone, so in love with someone. She completed me; we might have been total opposites but she was everything, she was my other half, and I knew we felt the same we showed our love for each other at any time of the day. We were perfect, she was perfect, I guess I wasn’t. Our love being perfect was what scared me the most, I never thought I’d find something like that, I was so scared of losing her, so scared of getting hurt by her, that I hurt her worse than I’ve ever hurt any one. Seeing her now, I wish she would have ended it, I’d rather deal with the pain than see her dealing with it.

I remember the days when we didn’t have any cares in the world, when love was all we knew or felt; instead of feeling this never ending sadness.

~Flashback~

“Matt and Jenny Good, how does that sound to you?” Jenny said as she lay in my arms her head on my chest.

“It sounds perfect.” I said as I leaned down and kissed her softly.

“Yeah, sounds really good to me.” She said.

“I can’t believe Two years of ‘us’ has went by. Just seems like yesterday we were flirting with each other on this same park bench, giving each other loving looks of want and passion.” I said as I still thought of the fact of how good the rest of my life with this girl would be.

“Silly, we were just doing that yesterday.” She replied with a slight laugh and then nuzzled her head into the crook of my neck.

“Yeah, but when we did that for the first time. It just seems like every minute I spend with you makes me love you more, and I’m not really sure how that’s possible because I don’t think anyone could love you or anything else more than I love you.”

“Matt, I love you more than my own life. I’d give up everything just to stay with you, even if that means dying for you.”

“I’d die for you too Jenny.” I said and then kissed her on the forehead.

“Matt, are we every going to end, is this love we share ever going to end?” She asked, the thought of us not being together bringing tears to her eyes.

“Jenny, I’d never do that to you. Never even think that I’d ever think of doing something like that to you. We’ll be together for the rest of our lives and that’s how it will stay.”

~Flashback ends~

I never meant to hurt you, and hurting you was a selfish act. We might have ended, but I at least didn’t lie to you about one thing. The love we share is still there, I could never love another. You were the one and only, and always will be my one and only. That’s why I’ve chosen to do this, so your pain and suffering will end and you’ll stop thinking about me.

I walk up to your crying form; you pull your hood over your head so I won’t see your face. I pull off your hood and cup my hand under your chin so that I can get you to look at me.

“Jenny, I know I’ve been the cause of all your pain and suffering, and I’m so sorry. I love you more than you’ll ever know we might have ended but our love is still there. It kills me more and more each day seeing you like this, it just seems it’s gotten to the point to where everything is out of hand and I can’t control it anymore. That’s why I’ve decided to end all your pain. To end the problem.” I said and then leaned down and kissed her passionately on the lips.

I then stepped away from her and put the gun I had in my hoodie pocket up to my temple.

“Just remember Jenny, I love you, and good bye.” I said and then pulled the trigger.

~Jenny’s P.O.V.~

I ran to Matt’s side and checked for a pulse, there was none. I then took the gun from his hand and put it to my own temple.

“Matt, you might have been the problem, but you were also the answer.” I said this then looked at Matt’s lifeless form.

“Where ever we go Matt, we’ll be together. Cause neither heaven nor the hell could keep us apart. I’ll see you soon babe.” I said and then pulled the trigger and everything went black.
© Copyright 2006 Jamie Stutts (emoxatticus at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1139069-Heaven-nor-Hell-Could-Keep-us-Apart