*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1127266-Marriage-A-disease
Rated: 13+ · Other · Other · #1127266
My rant on social problems for a married woman.
Here's what I have to say.
I am a very outgoing woman. I am happy in my life. I am married, I am pregnant, and very comfortable with who I am. Why don't other people respect that? All I have to ask is this:
Is Marriage a Disease?
Are Single People the only clean ones?

Ok... so these topics might not make sense but it's how I'm feeling about it.
Is Marriage a Disease? & Are Single People the only clean ones?
In a chat room, people go there to meet other people. They go there to make friends and maybe something more. Well what is it about that one little word in your profile that sends them screaming? Status: MARRIED. It's as if every person that starts talking to me (i'm speaking of males not females) thinks I'm the plague. Is it because they are afraid of commitment and can't imagine talking to someone who is in a relationship and happy with it? Or is it because they don't have a chance with me? Huh? I'm still trying to figure out what happened to being friends or making friends even. It's all about cybering now-a-days. No longer just chatting to make new friends and meet new people. You wanna do that you gotta pay for it on a MEET ME type of site. I feel like I'm a disease everytime I start to talk to someone, they say "Oh... you're married" the conversation dwindles and is out like a light. "Oh no, she's married, she's no fun" is one of the other ones that seems to come up. Why is it? Strange, that's what I think. Oh then lets throw this in there. Once they accept that I'm married and still wish to talk just to talk, they find out I'm pregnant! And the shit hits the fan. "Married and pregnant at 19? WHAT A WHORE!" Oh my god! What I can't start my life early and still be a normal person? Ok enough of this. I guess this "dirty little 19 year old pregnant whore" just isn't good enough to even try to get to know.
© Copyright 2006 Susie Harlow (evilkitty4698 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1127266-Marriage-A-disease