*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1122544-Victoria---Prologue
by Toni20
Rated: 18+ · Chapter · Thriller/Suspense · #1122544
The first chapter of my first novel - enjoy!
I’ve always thought about life. What it is, how it came about, why we’re here. But I guess everyone has at some point in time. I don’t know why they stop thinking about it. Is it because everyone gets so caught up in their lives, whether it be social or work, that they don’t care? I don’t think I could ever stop caring about it. My history and future is all I can, and have ever been able to think about. I don’t think my family has an interesting history - or at least I didn’t. I thought we were just normal, like everyone else. No one ever mentioned anything about our family history, but I guess no one’s ever really asked. However, I’m sure that life has some interesting secrets for me to uncover. I’m not sure if they’re safe or not, but I guess I’ll find out.


The priestess hurried into the meeting chamber. “No! I will not give it to you!” she screamed at the masked figure. The person that was coming towards her was dressed fully in black with a silver mask over their face, disguising every feature that would let the priestess know who they were. She knelt, clutching a piece of torn paper. Suddenly, it was all over. She was draped over the hard concrete floor, her white gown smeared with red.

© Copyright 2006 Toni20 (toni20 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1122544-Victoria---Prologue