*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1071802-The-Cold
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Other · Death · #1071802
This si sort of about a break-up, not quite sure...
They sat there, a boy and girl. They sat there, wrapped up in each others arms. Trying to stay the cold that came ever so fast, pressing on them all of the time. They felt it all the time, unavoidable and horrible though it is. The girl began to shake, she had realized it. She had finally answered the dreaded question. What was this feeling of cold that she felt all of the time. Never without this feeling. Though she so wanted to step back into the warmth, now it is impossible. She had answered the question. Now there was no turning back, ever again. She felt the cold ever so much more. "Lie to me." The girl whispered.
She didn't really want an answer, the question hung there, the boy unsure of how to reply. He thought about it, he too felt the cold, pressing always. He thought about the unavoidable cold and the question it brought. He thought about it hard and long. Then it hit him, now he too can no longer go back. He paused and then said "I love you."
In reply to her. She started to cry. Silent hot tears running down her face in turrents and brief warmth. So this is the end. The cold and dark and brooding end. When the cold takes over and consumes your life. The cold. So very cold, and so very unavoidable. The boy and girl sat there, wrapped in one anothers arms. Feeling the cold and knowing, forever more, what the cold meant. The cold makes it clear. The cold shows the way that no one wants to go but everyone does. At least once in every person's life, you will feel the cold. Pressing upon you. Although you don't want to feel it, it is unavoidable. Like death. The cold is death in a way. You heart dies a little each time the cold touches it. The cold is an ending that you never wanted to feel. The cold is the death of a loved one. The cold is the end of a realationship. The cold is a realization.
© Copyright 2006 Zabrina Bucklin (pinkpanties at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1071802-The-Cold