*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1063263-The-Dentist
by zefo
Rated: 13+ · Other · Action/Adventure · #1063263
a greatly exagerated maybe-true stroy about my trip to the dentist
Strange things happen at the dentist. Don’t ask me why, but they just do.

It started off as a normal day. I woke up half asleep, and my sleep self said I shouldn’t go to school. That I should just sleep. I was going to listen to it, when it mentioned killing something. I didn’t think it was such a good idea to listen to feelings that said kill.

Then a regular boring day at school.

Now, things get interesting. As I was leaving I hear some one calling "hey, hey you lazy runt"

. It’s marshal, wearing a suit made of money. I asked him what he was doing there

"Why, dealing with the devil (AKA, the school) you need a ride?"

I ignored the assassination attempt on "the school" in the background. Just another poor soul for the hole. I hear Mr. Right would be turning the spits the next day.

"No, mom's coming to get me. I have a dentist appointment."

On the ride over, Carly tried to persuade me to the dark side by starting up a conversation. I’m sorry to say I took up that conversation, although it was about Stephanie, the evil tyrant of the kingdom called 'our room'. I swear she was raised by goblins. She even looks like one. She’s been stocking up the larders and barring the door. Preparing for war, I think. To bad she eats all her food instead of storing it. To bad for her.

I arrive at the dentist, dark and foreboding. I could hear the screams from outside. I enter, and the door slams shut behind me. The thing at the reception desk gives me an evil look and a cheesy smile.

"We’ve been expecting you"

They lead me into the back and strap me to a chair, they ready their tools and I can see in their eyes that they love what they do.

I'm doomed

"Hey!"

Salvation!

"Kathleen? What are you doing here?"

"I sold my soul to them!"

"NOOOOOO!"

"YEEEES! MUAHAHAAHA!"

All hope lost, all I can do is watch in horror as they ready their tools. Then I remembered something.

Skittles!

I reached for the skittles in my pocket, I was so close! They were already working on my teeth, but I know if got them I had a chance. Yes! I had them!

"Taste the rainbow!" I screamed and threw one at him. He screamed and shrank back in pain. I rushed to Kats side and popped on in her mouth, but there was no time to talk. I ran for the door, dragging Kat with me. I came to a screeching halt, for standing in front of the door was the most horrifying, hideous creature ever (besides Stephanie). It stared at me with 6 beady black eyes. It was covered in ugly, greasy hair, huge jaws dripping with poison. It was a thing of my nightmares, a giant spider! I couldn't move, I was to scare!

"RAAAAR!" Kat let out a fierce battle cry, and slashed at the spider with a piece of paper!

"NOOO! PAPER CUTS!" the spider scurried off in fear.

Kat and me burst through the doors, out in to the warm sunny daylight. Freedom!

"Ashley, I have to go back. There’s so much good I can do there. I can help people, and I can spy for the good guys. Plus they give me my pay-check."

"I understand."

I gave her my best wishes, and hoped they never figured out she was faking it.

Besides, I had my own war to fight, with the goblin queen of 'our room'

The End
© Copyright 2006 zefo (zefo at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1063263-The-Dentist