*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1042843-Two-Accidents-too-Many
Rated: ASR · Other · Biographical · #1042843
I was in two accidents in 24 hours, and did not get hurt either time-or no one else!
Two Accidents Too Many!


         I headed towards Phillips, WI where I made wreaths. It was a snowy day, and I hit a patch of ice, and spun out of control-180 degrees- even before I could try to pump my brakes. Before I knew it, I had slid into the ditch, and my car tipped on it's left side, and bounced back on all fours, like a cat not ready to die. A few minutes later, a man in a van who was going towards a price county school, stopped.

         "Do you need help?" He asked.

         "Do you mind if I make some phone calls?" I asked.

         "I don't have a phone, but I do have a radio in this van," He responded, "I can call the school a and ask them to call the sheriff."

         "Okay," I answered, thinking of my unpaid traffic tickets that Wausau county was threatening to take away my license for.

         A few minutes later, the sheriff showed up.

         "Do you mind if I use your cell phone to make some calls?" I asked.

         "I can only allow you to make calls on this phone if it's an emergency, and if you are hurt," the officer told me.

         I huffed, and said,"Wouldn't you consider this an emergency? If I don't get help, I could freeze out here!"

"          I can drive you to the station and you can make some calls there if you want," he offered.

"I have to go to work in phillips," I answered.

"I can give you a ride to work," he said.
© Copyright 2005 fishtail1776 (fishtail1776 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1042843-Two-Accidents-too-Many