*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
  1. Palpatine´s speech
  2. Junior Senator
  3. The Rebel Alliance
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/956224-Star-Wars-Episode-35-The-Dark-Times/cid/242765-
by sith
Rated: E · Interactive · Sci-fi · #956224
What happens during the 18 years between Star Wars Episode III and IV? It´s up to you!
This choice: The Emperor makes a speech  •  Go Back...
Chapter #4

Palpatine´s speech

    by: sith
Leia looked on the hooded figure of Emperor Palpatine, and she felt a sensation of fear. Yes, she might have heard great stories about him: he destroyed Count Dooku´s dangerous separatist movement, the Confederacy of Independent Systems, he dissolved the corrupt Republic and created the Galactic Empire, he got rid of the thread through the Jedi. But she was scared. She could feel that something wasn´t right about this man.
Everyone in the Senate Chamber went silent as Palpatine began to speak.
"My dear friends, you all know why I created the Galactic Empire. I wanted to bring justice and order to the galaxy, I wanted to get rid of corruption. And everyone in this chamber will admit that I succeeded. But, senators, there´s a movement that is threatening all we built: a movement that is just like the Confederacy of Independent Systems, a movement that wants to destroy our new order and bring anarchy over the galaxy. I speak about the Rebel Alliance!"
Some senators were outraged about the mention of the Rebel Alliance and began to shout something, but Leia didn´t listen. She looked at her father, and she knew that something was wrong. He sat in his senate pod without batting an eyelid.
"Order! Order!" Mas Amedda, a loyal follower of the Emperor shouted.
"My friends, this Rebel Alliance already attacked several important planets of our Empire. It is clear that we must act on this! We must destroy the Rebel Alliance in order to maintain peace and justice!"
"Peace and justice!" the senators shouted full of enthusiasm. Bail Organa shook his head. This reminded him of the day the Empire was created.
"Father, what´s wrong?"
"Leia, I...I´ll tell you later. There is something important you have to know.

You have the following choice:

1. While leaving the Senate, Bail and Leia meet Tarkin and Vader

Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

<<-- Previous · Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024 sith (UN: dooku at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
sith has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/956224-Star-Wars-Episode-35-The-Dark-Times/cid/242765-