*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/817120-Shrinker-Shrunk-His--Shrinky/cid/211751-Ride-the-Ant
Rated: 13+ · Interactive · Comedy · #817120
Shrinking... A theme you seldom see in Interactive Stories...
This choice: You run under their legs. Wonder if shrinker works.  •  Go Back...
Chapter #4

Ride the Ant

    by: Unknown
They loom over you, their silver jumpsuits ballooning out around their ankles, shining like thunderclouds refracting through a silver lake.

A foot nearly crunches you to the floor; as you dart forward, horrified, fueled by a great sense of self-preservation, you see up the jumpsuit.

Those freaky doctors have to wear rubber suits beneath their jumpsuits? How odd. Wouldn't have guessed.

You run down the hall behind the lab workers. It's pretty safe to run down alongside the tile trimming the bottom of the wall--the tiles are a mish-mash of color, and you're wearing that colorful wrap-around skirt you found in your ex-boyfriend's lab quarters.

Just wait till I find you, RKT-09426! I know you weren't in any studies requiring you to wear a skirt! And I'm sure the doc wouldn't have produced the skirt just to make me mad so he could do a study on that too!

Eventually, you reach the end of the hall, and the elevator. A trip that normally would have taken only about thirty seconds took, well, a very long time. You don't know exactly how long, because during the process of being shrunk, your watch slid off your wrist and it's now lying in the doctor's office.

Panting, you look down at the other end of the hall. The doctors are looking for Dr. Brander. They could care less what happened to you--for now.

You see your filtered reflection on the white floor tiles. Apparently, you weren't as camouflaged as you preferred to believe you were.

I've got to find something to wear.

Your tummy rumbles.

I fasted for ten days for the study I was being released from. I really needed that money, too.

What to do.

An ant senses you and crawls up to you, then goes around you. As it passes you, it's legs tickle your side, only it doesn't feel like a tickle, it feels like scratching.

I'm smaller than an ant. I'm stuck on this floor. I'm bound to be discovered soon. Once they capture me, they'll want to run all sorts of tests on me...or maybe they'll just get rid of me altogether. After all, I know some of their secrets...and I was just about to announce that I wanted to leave.

You stare at the ant making its way into a crack that looks like a crevice.

Maybe I could piggyback ride the ant back into the doc's office. I can hide in there and wait till everyone leaves before I change myself back to normal size.

You can decide how to escape the lab itself after you're back to good.

You have the following choices:

*Noteb*
1. Ride the ant.

*Noteb*
2. Stand around thinking and wasting time.

*Noteb* indicates the next chapter needs to be written.
Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

<<-- Previous · Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024. All rights reserved.
Steev the Friction Wizurd has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/817120-Shrinker-Shrunk-His--Shrinky/cid/211751-Ride-the-Ant