*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/817120-Shrinker-Shrunk-His--Shrinky/cid/189309-Jethro-Gumbody-Finds-A-Gun
Rated: 13+ · Interactive · Comedy · #817120
Shrinking... A theme you seldom see in Interactive Stories...
This choice: Jethro Gumbody Finds A Gun  •  Go Back...
Chapter #3

Jethro Gumbody Finds A Gun

    by: Steev the Friction Wizurd
"What the hail is this?" said Jethro Gumbody as he picked up the queer-looking gun. "I ain't never seen no gun like this before."

It was a strange gun, with a long pink barrel and a purple stock inlaid with intricate gold filigree and engraved with the words "Little ye know, little ye be."

Jethro held the gun to his shoulder. "Little ye know, little ye be. That sounds like something out of the bible." He aimed at a squirrel who happened to be shaking his bushy tail at him and BAM! The squirrel fell out of the tree.

Jethro ran over to pick up the squirrel. "Jumping Jack Flash, looky here now what can this be? That squirrel has done shriveled down to a mouse!"

Jethro looked admiringly at the pink-barreled gun. "Zowee! This here must be one of them there shrinker guns I keep readin' about! Wait until Ma sees this!"

Jethro went hopping and skipping up through the woods until he came to a little log cabin nestled snugly on the side of Blue Man Mountain. He slammed open the door and shouted "Ma! Ma! Look at this!" and thrust the big gun toward a little old lady who was sitting in a rocking chair by the fireplace shelling peas.

"Gracious, Jethro!" she said. "Do you have to come poppin' in here like a bat out of hell? What is that thing?"

"It's a shrinker gun, Ma! I already shrunk me a squirrel. Look!" and he held up the little mouse-sized aquirrel.

Ma squinted at the tiny squirrel. "Jethro, how am I gonna cook that? And even if I did, it ain't near enough to feed you and me. You couldn't find a gun that made things bigger? That would be handy to have. This shrinker gun is plum useless."

Jethro hung his head. "Yore right, Ma. I wasn't thinkin' again."

"Naw, you never do think. Put that useless thing away. Take the shotgun and go kill us somethin' we can eat."

"Yes, Ma" And Jethro put the pink-barreled gun with the fancy purple and gold stock under his bed and thought no more about it.

You have the following choices:

*Noteb*
1. 1

*Noteb*
2. 2

*Noteb* indicates the next chapter needs to be written.
Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

<<-- Previous · Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024 Steev the Friction Wizurd (UN: friction at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Steev the Friction Wizurd has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/817120-Shrinker-Shrunk-His--Shrinky/cid/189309-Jethro-Gumbody-Finds-A-Gun