*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
  1. A family of sceptics.
  2. The Magic Show Begins
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/2320603-Magic-Show-Transformations/cid/Z7WZ7JH23-A-family-of-sceptics
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Interactive · Sci-fi · #2320603
People are transforming at a magic show.
This choice: A family starts heckling him.  •  Go Back...
Chapter #2

A family of sceptics.

    by: rpdr fan
The audience’s applause still echoed through the grand theater as the Great Elowen prepared to continue his performance. However, a sudden burst of laughter from the front row disrupted the enchanted atmosphere. The source of the disturbance was a family seated prominently near the stage: a 40-year-old father, Jack Thompson, his wife, Sarah Thompson, and their four children.

Jack, a burly man with a booming voice, leaned back in his seat and shouted, “Oh, come on! A dove from a handkerchief? My grandmother could do that!”

Sarah, a sharp-featured woman with a skeptical smirk, chimed in, “Yeah, can’t you do something more impressive? We didn’t pay to see parlor tricks.”

Their 8-year-old son, Max, perched on the edge of his seat, laughed loudly, his voice high-pitched and mocking. “That’s not real magic! Show us something good!”

The Great Elowen, maintaining his composure, cast a brief glance at the two older siblings. The 18-year-old son, Jake, and 16-year-old daughter, Emily, were engrossed in their phones, oblivious to the show and the commotion caused by their family. The youngest member, a 1-year-old baby girl named Lily, was sitting quietly in Sarah's lap.

Elowen stepped forward, his expression serene, and addressed the family with a polite smile. “Ah, it seems we have some discerning critics among us. And what, pray tell, would you find more impressive?”

Jack leaned forward, a challenging gleam in his eye. “Something real. Prove that this isn’t all just smoke and mirrors.”

Sarah nodded in agreement, her arms crossed. “Yes, make us believe.”

Max jumped up, his excitement palpable. “Yeah, make magic real! I dare you!”

The theater fell silent, the rest of the audience now captivated by this unexpected exchange. Elowen’s smile widened, his eyes gleaming with a mixture of amusement and intrigue. “Very well,” he said, his voice smooth and confident. “Would you like me to prove that magic is real?”

Jack chuckled, nudging Sarah. “Sure, why not? Show us what you’ve got.”

Sarah rolled her eyes but couldn’t hide her curiosity. “Yes, let’s see it.”

Max clapped his hands, eager for the spectacle. “Do it! Prove it!”

Elowen’s gaze swept over the family, his smile never faltering. “As you wish,” he said softly, his voice carrying a promise of the extraordinary.

And with that, the Great Elowen raised his hands, preparing to unveil a wonder beyond their wildest imaginings. The audience leaned forward, breathless with anticipation, as the theater’s atmosphere grew thick with suspense.

The curtain of reality itself seemed to shimmer, poised on the brink of revelation.

You have the following choices:

*Noteb*
1. Elowen does magic on Jack

*Noteb*
2. Elowen does magic on Sarah

3. Elowen does magic on Max

*Noteb*
4. Elowen does magic on all of them

5. Other

*Noteb* indicates the next chapter needs to be written.
Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

<<-- Previous · Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024 rpdr fan (UN: royalroyy at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
rpdr fan has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/2320603-Magic-Show-Transformations/cid/Z7WZ7JH23-A-family-of-sceptics