*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
  1. In a pet store
  2. Intro
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/2299001-Turning-the-Tables/cid/3476600-In-a-pet-store
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 13+ · Interactive · Animal · #2299001
Jake is teleported to a world where the roles are reversed and humans are pets to dogs.
This choice: In a pet store  •  Go Back...
Chapter #2

In a pet store

    by: Leedeel
Jake awoke to find himself trapped in a small enclosure. He was also naked with something around his neck. More surprisingly, he was much smaller and younger. When he tried to find out what was around his neck, he couldn't reach it with his hand. He was very confused about what was going on. He couldn't remember what happened before he blacked out. Looking around, he noticed that he was in a small rectangular prison with a glass window.

He looked outside, trying to figure out where he was. He didn't recognize the place, although, from observation, it seemed to be some kind of shop. There were shelves filled with items and signs above them, though he couldn't read them from his position. After hearing faint barking, he figured he must be in a pet shop. He thought he saw bags of dog food in the distance and what looked like toys on the shelves, but he wasn't sure. He figured once someone realized he was inside this enclosure, they'd surely take him out. Although it would be a little embarrassing since he was naked. Still, it was better than being trapped in a small prison.

When he waited a few minutes and saw no one, he decided to call out for help. To his surprise, his voice came out as a bark. Try as he might, he couldn't speak proper English. It just came out as a bark. He heard other barks in the distance like before, but he just stood there frozen, wondering what was going on.

He noticed something moving out of the corner of his eye and looked up at a horrible sight. It was a fully clothed poodle, walking on two legs. It was walking toward the brighter side of the store, but its head was facing in his direction.

---

Caroline walked to the front door as it was time to open for the day. She looked at all the humans as she walked by, observing the new ones and wondering which ones would probably be sold today. There were 13 humans on hand, although there were enough displays for 15. They had just received two new humans, a boy, and a girl. She noted that while they were cute enough to be adopted, looks weren't everything. Some humans have bad personalities, in which case it is usually hard to get someone to adopt them.

Caroline unlocked the front doors and flipped the open sign over, signaling that the store was open. She returned to her business in the back, leaving her two other employees to handle the duties in the front.

---

Meanwhile, Jake could not comprehend what he was seeing. A few minutes passed, and he noticed a Shih Tzu dressed similarly to the poodle. He couldn't believe what he saw as she seemed to be stocking shelves.

Suddenly two beagles appeared. One was larger, while the other was much smaller. The larger one wore more feminine clothes, while the smaller one seemed to be wearing children's clothes. It was almost like a mother and son.

---

"Look at the humans, Mommy!" the young beagle shouted as he pointed to them. "Can I look at them?" he pleaded.

"Sure sweetheart." the mother chuckled in awe. The young beagle ran over to the display of humans. A young girl immediately caught his eye. Some of the humans were sleeping or just lying down. But this girl was scratching her hands all over the glass. The girl seemed to adore the beagle.

---

Jake heard the beagle talking but couldn't understand him. However, he kept hearing barking next door to him. It sounded feminine, so he figured it must be a girl dog. But given the situation, was it possible it was a human barking? Jake couldn't believe it. Had he somehow entered a world where humans were pets? Jake thought for a while until he heard tapping on the glass. He was surprised by the beagle. He backed away quickly, frightened. The beagle tilted its head before walking away. Jake sighed in relief. He had to get away. He didn't want to become a pet to some stupid dog. But how could he escape? There was nothing he could use to get out of his prison. As Jake thought, someone entered the store.

It was

You have the following choices:

*Noteb*
1. Gary's Family

*Noteb*
2. A different family

*Noteb*
3. A lone dog

*Noteb*
4. A young couple

*Noteb*
5. Other

*Noteb* indicates the next chapter needs to be written.
Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

<<-- Previous · Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024 Leedeel (UN: leedeel at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Leedeel has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/2299001-Turning-the-Tables/cid/3476600-In-a-pet-store