*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
  1. The begining
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/2279313-Family-in-Live-RPG/cid/3296282-The-begining
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by Rorke
Rated: 13+ · Interactive · Action/Adventure · #2279313
Family is sucked into an RPG world
Chapter #1

The begining

    by: Rorke
The doorbell rings at 3 Saffron, Milkwood road. Which was home to the Wishbone family.

Looking throw the keyhole was the father of the house Arnold, who saw nobody at the door or walking down the road,"strange" he said before opening the door which creaked, "We must really get it fixed."

On the welcome mat was a grey welcome mat was a box, with the words Absolute Experience was writing in black marker.

Curious he brought it inside to show his family, maybe they could tell him what it was.

Arnold was 45 and his hair was starting to turn grey, he was hard-working yet a man of few words. He has been married for over 2 decades to Mary (43) who has always been overweight yet had a sweet demeanor. Together, they had parented two children Tony (19) a sports lover who could be overbearing yet committed to any task, and Betty (17) who had just entered college and found it harder than expected which had put her in a downer mood and a caffeine addict.

For the past two years, Arnold had found that despite living under the same roof the family had been growing distanced, yet today would be different, he just didn't know it yet.

Finding Mary in the kitchen brewing tea he asked her to help him unpack the box.

"Well, this is even more unexpected," Arnold said the box contained what looked like a board game and a square device with a big shiny red button.

Mary just waved her hand in shallow dismissal, "Oh, this new generation just wishes to complicate everything. Why have ply snakes and ladder or video games when you can do both? Kids come here, please! They will know what it is."

Jumping down the stairway was a shinny-looking Tony who had cleaned up from his early morning soccer game, "Yo, mom I'm nearly twenty, you can't keep calling me a kid."

Speaking for his wife, Tony said, "You will always be our kid Tony, also we still pay for the bills so we can call you what we want."

A semi-zombie Betty in a sweatshirt came next, "It's ten in the morning what do you people want?"

"Nice to see you as well, Betty," Mary said with patience only a mother could know," We want to know if you know what this thing is." She gestured to the square and board game.

Neither did, and Tony just reach over and pressed the big red button.

In a flash of golden light and menu appeared hovering by its own power. Mary and Tony and a now awake Betty jumped back in fright.

But Arnold didn't for he was gripped by something, a power from the box and board, a long-lost suicidal curiosity, or just stupidity? He didn't know!

All he did know is that he touched the menu, there was a flash of light and the house was empty

You have the following choices:

1. Fantasy RPG

2. Sci-Fi RPG

3. Superhero RPG

4. Choose another family

Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

Story Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024 Rorke (UN: sawatching at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Rorke has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/2279313-Family-in-Live-RPG/cid/3296282-The-begining