*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
  1. Deep Within Somewhere Dark
  2. Adventure... Awaits!
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/2261964-Breakwynd-Journey/cid/WDWGHL63H-Deep-Within-Somewhere-Dark
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by Clide
Rated: 13+ · Interactive · Fantasy · #2261964
Get ready for an adventure full of magic, fantasy, and a whole lot of farting!
This choice: Trapped in a cage, in some sort of cave.  •  Go Back...
Chapter #2

Deep Within Somewhere Dark

    by: Clide
When Erik had come to, he found himself in someplace dark - so dark he could barely see. Erik continued to blink as he regained consciousness, as he came to realize that the only source of light was a single torch that seemed to be mounted on a nearby wall. The wall was uneven, as a result of being shaped by natural stone. Erik sat up slowly, trying to get his bearings. He realized shortly after that he was in some sort of cave.

As Erik shifted his weight onto one of his knees, he noticed something else about a yard in front of him: metal bars, both vertical and horizontal, sticking out of the rocks. The placement left no room to squeeze out whatsoever. It became clear to Erik what had happened after he was knocked out by those bandits.

Great... I've been captured...

Erik grabbed his head, trying to soften the mild headache he had received from the barrage of farts he endured... however long ago it was now. The lack of sunlight or any clear view of the sky gave him no sense of what time it was, or even what day. Just how long had he been unconscious?

Those questions would have to wait, as Erik was immediately alerted to one other fact: his equipment had also been taken away. Everything but his clothes and boots were removed, leaving him without his backpack full of supplies or his trusty weapon. Whoever it was that took him here was certainly thorough.

Not even a mile within Esterian borders, and Erik had found himself in quite the predicament. This has got to be the worst start to any adventure I've been on yet, he moaned to himself.

His mind continued to wander. Focus Erik, focus. Now's not the time to get all moody. Think, what can you do to get out of this situation?

Erik then noticed an iron door placed just to his right, the way in and out of his rocky cell. There was no handle on his side of the door, and his hands were too small to fit through and grab the handle on the outside. Probably locked anyway, he thought.

He then turned his attention to the torch that illuminated the cavern walls. Whoever it was that placed the torch there was likely the same person who put him in that cell to begin with. Was it the bandits who gassed him out? Most likely, and that was the conclusion that made the most sense at a glance. But upon further consideration, Erik started to have doubts. What sort of bandits would be holed up in some cave, anyway?

Erik's mind drifted. Actually... just who WERE those bandits? Did they...

As Erik began to remember the encounter he had with the bandits, the sound and scent of unending flatulence came back to him. It was a whirlwind of broken wind that filled his nose and ears with disgust.

"Eughh..." he groaned. "I can't believe they did that to me, those barbarians. I swear, I can still hear their farts even now. Their stink is so strong, I can still feel it burning my nose, too..."

...brrrrraaaapppp...


"What the...?"

Brrr-brrraaaaappphhttt...!
Brrrpppp...!


The sound continued, except this time it wasn't just his imagination. On instinct, Erik covered his nose to avoid being assaulted by the awful stink of farts once again. His brow was furrowed in a mix of disgust and concern.

...brrrrraaaaaappppppppphhhhhhhhhhhhtttttttttttt...

A single, unbroken fart shortly followed, and Erik came to a realization.

Wait... it's coming from--
*Noteb* indicates the next chapter needs to be written.
Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

<<-- Previous · Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024 Clide (UN: zbclide at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Clide has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/2261964-Breakwynd-Journey/cid/WDWGHL63H-Deep-Within-Somewhere-Dark