*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
  1. Mr. Spider - The Hacker
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/2224975-Rebecca-Endyke---Exploited/cid/2854724-Mr-Spider---The-Hacker
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by Zero
Rated: 18+ · Interactive · Action/Adventure · #2224975
Mr. Spider, a black-hat hacker, sets his sight on Rebecca Endyke.
Chapter #1

Mr. Spider - The Hacker

    by: Zero
His name was Mr. Spider, a black-hat hacker - someone who uses his hacking powers for malicious purposes.

From browsing through the web, he had set his target on a girl named Rebecca Endyke, someone he have never even met in real life. But she looks young, cute, and bubbly. Above all else, she looks naively innocent and pure.

Image of Rebecca Endyke: https://i.imgur.com/iIar33s.png

He had spent quite some time gathering information on her, scraping data from her social media accounts. She was sixteen years old, a third-year student in Cleveland High School. Her large number of connections and group photos align with the hypothesis that she is an outgoing, extroverted individual. She appeared to be an only child and single with no history of romantic relationships. Some of her hobbies included swimming and jogging.

Truthfully, she was not an easy target. Vulnerable targets were usually from more unfortunate backgrounds. Those who were poor, homeless, or runaways are far more common in the real world. Those with inadequate social skills and neglection tended to be key traits to look out for.

Rebecca was none of that. She came from a middle-class family with high charisma and moderate level of confidence – not exactly traits that predators look out for. But that was also what made her more enticing as she was not simply another broken individual with low self-esteem.

What attack vector should he initiate?

Spearphishing – phishing is the most common form of social engineering, highly effective and can be difficult to detect and prevent. Mr. Spider can masquerade as a trustworthy entity when emailing to her school email account. Statistically, about a quarter of recipients would open phishing messages and a little over a tenth of them would click on the attachments. He can embed a malware in an attachment and gain access to her computer – much like a Trojan Horse.

Social Engineer a Classmate – If Mr. Spider can isolate out someone from Rebecca’s connections, he might be able to manipulate them to do his bidding. On the off chance that Rebecca has an insecure, immoral, perverted stalker, he could try to manipulate him. The probability of someone like that existing should be somewhat decent given her attractiveness and popularity on top of the fact that high school was the time where boys are likely most influenced by their hormones.

Modeling Agency Ad – Mr. Spider could attempt to send a fake advertisement through email, impersonate as an agency that is looking to hire her for a part-time job.

Hiring from the Dark Web – He could always hire some shady individuals through the Dark Web to kidnap her directly. But there are so many variables involved that the risk of this going wrong was high. This would also be the most expensive approach.

Or do you have another idea?

You have the following choices:

1. Spearphishing

*Noteb*
2. Social Engineer a Classmate

*Noteb*
3. Modeling Agency Ad

*Noteb*
4. Hiring from the Dark Web

*Noteb*
5. Do you have another idea?

*Noteb* indicates the next chapter needs to be written.
Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

Story Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024 Zero (UN: masuta at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Zero has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/2224975-Rebecca-Endyke---Exploited/cid/2854724-Mr-Spider---The-Hacker