*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
  1. Rebirth
  2. New Beginnings
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/2222313-Resident-Evil-NivanField/cid/2838313-Rebirth
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 18+ · Interactive · Fanfiction · #2222313
Fanfiction interactive focusing on relationship between Piers Nivan and Chris Redfield
This choice: Rebirth  •  Go Back...
Chapter #2

Rebirth

    by: Vchris1989
Chris swiped his alpha level security clearance badge and barged into the BSAA laboratory unannounced. His colleagues were pleasantly surprised to see him since he had been on a leave of absence for several weeks now, but Chris was in no mood for pleasantries. He saw Jill with the head scientist, Dr. Moira Yutani, and made his way over.

“Where is he?! Where is Piers?” Chris demanded to know.

“Chris, I’m glad you’re here,” Dr. Yutani said with an optimistic tone. “Nothing is guaranteed, but please join me in my office so I can explain.”

Dr. Yutani went on to explain to an astounded Chris that although Piers had indeed perished, that might not be where his story ends.

“Chris, my lab has made gargantuan advancements thanks to our research involving the T-Virus and G-Virus. We have built on the work of Dr. Birkin. Our modified strains have unlocked almost unlimited restorative and therapeutic benefits with full elimination of rampant mutations. We acquired a sample of Piers’ body, and using a DNA sample, we can rebuild him using our perfected T-Virus and G-Virus variants. He will be physically perfect, with none of the C-virus mutations he suffered before death and he will have all of his memories from life.”

Chris was confounded. “Dr. Yutani, if this is true then why isn’t your lab using the new strains to cure cancer or revive the dead?”

“Unfortunately, there is one effect that prevents us from using this on a wide scale.”

“Oh here we go…” Chris replied.

“Revived subjects will be physically fine with no visible mutations, but they will be enhanced on a cellular level beyond the limits of what is possible for a human being.”

“Can you just lay it out, Doc?”

“Basically, if we revive Piers using this technology, he will look the same and mentally be the same, but he will have dramatically enhanced strength, speed, stamina, durability, and possibly even psychokinetic abilities. We can’t bring this technology to the market because despite all of the benefits, the end result is essentially a metahuman.”

“Oh my God, so you’re basically turning people into Albert Wesker?”

“Oh not at all. We’ve reviewed footage of Wesker’s strength feats and our recent successes far surpass his abilities in every category.”

Chris thought long and hard about this. On one level, he could never allow this to happen to Piers. They had spent years together combatting reckless use of super viruses. Yet, Chris felt the irrational longing return. The chance to be reunited with Piers…to tell him everything he had always wanted to say…

But would Piers ever be able to forgive him? Dr. Yutani was the most brilliant mind in the world, so Chris fully believed her that Piers would not mutate or turn into some monstrosity—but would Piers ever forgive him if because of Chris, he was never fully human? Chris was torn and started making excuses to justify his desire. Maybe Piers would enjoy being enhanced? Maybe he would be grateful to be beyond human? Deep down Chris knew this wasn’t true, but he was not going to lose the chance to finally let Piers know how much he loved him.

“Do it,” Chris said.

You have the following choices:

*Noteb*
1. Jill and Claire are supportive

*Noteb*
2. Jill and Claire are PISSED

*Noteb*
3. Leon tries to sabotage the rebirth

*Noteb* indicates the next chapter needs to be written.
Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

<<-- Previous · Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024 Vchris1989 (UN: cplaystennis at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Vchris1989 has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/2222313-Resident-Evil-NivanField/cid/2838313-Rebirth