*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
  1. Stasis
  2. New Beginnings
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/2222313-Resident-Evil-NivanField/cid/2838308-Stasis
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 18+ · Interactive · Fanfiction · #2222313
Fanfiction interactive focusing on relationship between Piers Nivan and Chris Redfield
This choice: Stasis  •  Go Back...
Chapter #2

Stasis

    by: Vchris1989
Chris swiped his alpha level security clearance badge and barged into the BSAA laboratory unannounced. His colleagues were pleasantly surprised to see him since he had been on a leave of absence for several weeks now, but Chris was in no mood for pleasantries. He saw Jill with the head scientist, Dr. Moira Yutani, and made his way over.

“Where is he?! Where is Piers?” Chris demanded to know.

“Chris, I’m glad you’re here,” Dr. Yutani said with an optimistic tone. “Nothing is guaranteed, but please join me in my office so I can explain.”

Dr. Yutani went on to explain to an astounded Chris that Piers was not dead, and they had managed to recover his body. It turns out that Piers’ C-Virus infection had gone into a protective mode. The virus put Piers into a deep stasis and protected his body from external conditions. This stasis was so deep that even the mutations halted.

“Chris, Piers is in Room 237. We have him connected to an advanced life support system that is maintaining his C-Virus stasis field. But my lab can reverse the mutations. Through a combination of antiviral treatments and targeted genetic recoding, we can subdue the virus into a dormant state within his body even after removing him from stasis and we can reverse the tissue mutations. Miraculously, his brain is unaffected, so we can truly save him, Chris. We can bring him back. The only matter is we need your approval.”

“Mine?” Chris asked, confused.

“Yes. It turns out, Piers has no living family or next of kin. A few weeks before his incident he entrusted you with his medical power of attorney should he ever be incapacitated.”

Chris was in shock. The love of his life could be brought back to him. He could finally tell Piers everything he had always wanted to say. And he was in awe that Piers had entrusted him with his medical POA. Even with Chris never expressing his love, Piers had trusted him enough to do that…

“Do it,” Chris told Dr. Yutani. “If you can truly bring him back, I consent to whatever needs to be done.”

Dr. Yutani had Chris sign some consent forms and quickly assembled her team. Chris was brought to an observatory room with a view inside Room 237. There he saw Piers, comatose and for better and for worse, exactly as he was the last time they saw each other. A tear rolled down Chris’s cheek as he remembered Piers saving his life. How much he wished he had had the courage to tell him in that moment that he loved him. But this could finally be his chance. He watched intently as Dr. Yutani and her team prepared what seemed like dozens of injections, systematically targeting all mutated tissue.

Some part of Chris expected the dramatic mutations to immediately recede, but Dr. Yutani had been very upfront. This series of injections would be required daily and it would take one week to begin seeing substantial mutation reversal. And only then would it be medically safe to remove Piers from his induced coma. But still, Chris watched on—fighting back tears as he observed the team endlessly inject the man he loved.
*Noteb* indicates the next chapter needs to be written.
Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

<<-- Previous · Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024 Vchris1989 (UN: cplaystennis at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Vchris1989 has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/2222313-Resident-Evil-NivanField/cid/2838308-Stasis