*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
  1. Trapped!
  2. One Spooky Night
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/2136245-Trick-Or-Treat-Smell-My-/cid/2395035-Trapped
Rated: 18+ · Interactive · Action/Adventure · #2136245
You're out trick or treating. However, it turns out they're getting treats.
This choice: A male guy watching their sibling  •  Go Back...
Chapter #2

Trapped!

    by: Unknown
Vampyre lane was a myth. At least, it was supposed to be.

SLAM!

Your heart leaped out of your chest as you heard a massive steel gate slam shut behind you. Startled beyond belief, you let out the girliest scream you can possibly muster, only to turn around and see your bratty little brother and his friends laughing at you from the other side. You stomp your foot as you calm down, adrenaline still rushing through your veins. “Aw? Did somebody close the gate?” Your brother almost keeled over laughing at the girly scream you had just unleashed.

“Ooo! Maybe it was the ghooost of Vampyre Laaane!” One of his friends teased, waving his arms around in a ‘ghostly’ manner.

You roll your eyes. Very funny, guys,” you groan, trying not to give them the satisfaction of seeing you get angry. You grabbed the gate they had closed behind you, trying to push it open, only to realize it won’t budge. “What? This thing’s locked…”

“Hmm! How weird!” Your brother taunted, pointed at a latch on the far side of the gate. “It’s almost as if the latch is only on one side…”

“Well, if you’re stuck in there…” Another of his friends said. “It looks like we’re on our own from now on!”

“This isn’t funny!” You started rattling the gates, realizing what they were planning. “C’mon, it’s getting late! You aren’t supposed to be outside after dark!”

“Well, maybe we don’t want to go to bed! Maybe we want to go trick-or-treating all night long!”

“Is that seriously what this is about?” You say, starting to panic. Something about ‘Vampyre Lane’ was ominous enough; being stuck there was even worse. “Listen, we can talk about this. Compromise! Just let me out! There’s… barbed wire on this thing, for goodness sake!”

“Aww, what’s the matter? Are you scared?” One of the young boys laughed and pointed, noticing the panic in your voice.

“Y’know, maybe we will let you out…” Your little brother cross his arms with a smirk. “For a full bucket of candy!” The rest of his friends all laughed uproariously at his offer, and your heart sunk. Before you could respond, they were all chanting in unison, “Bucketful of candy! Bucketful of candy!” They emptied the biggest of the orange plastic buckets they had into their other bags, before tossing it over the fence. You wince as the bucket clatters loudly against the street. You tiptoed nervously over to pick the bucket up, before turning around to see the boys skipped happily back down the street. “Y’better have our candy by the time we get back, or you’ll be sorry!” Mom is gonna kill me, you think to yourself as you watch the kids you were supposed to be chaperoning run off.

Soon, you were alone… and the silence began settling in. You clutched yourself, nervously, as you looked around. You felt like you were being watched. Halloween was supposed to be scary, of course, but something about this neighborhood was… genuinely creepy. You should’ve followed your mother's advice and stuck to your own neighborhood; never should’ve let your bratty brother trick you into coming here. This place, ‘Vampyre Lane’, seemed to be a fenced off stretch of woods with a crumbling road running in a straight line through the middle. Houses were dotted irregularly along the road, as you would expect, but these houses looked… ancient. If the lights weren’t on inside, you would assume they were abandoned.

You take a moment to calm yourself down. It was getting late, and the darkness was just making you paranoid. Once you met the undoubtedly nice people that lived along this road, they would surely put your fears to rest. You glanced down at your bucket, and figured you could probably fill it up with about a dozen stops. You were a little old to be trick-or-treating, but surely when you explained your situation, they would understand.

The houses unnerved you, somewhat, although you tried to push your fears aside. The first was an average suburban house, covered in an elaborate display of halloween decorations  . There seemed to be some kind of party happening inside; you could hear ‘monster mash’ playing faintly within. This seemed like it’d be the most normal house on the street. Just a little further than that was a two-story mansion that looked abandoned  . There were no lights on inside, and the windows and roof looked busted and ruined… however, there was a sign outside assuring that the house is open to trick-or-treaters, and you thought you could even occasionally see someone looking at you from one of the windows. This skeeved you out, but the smaller house on the other side wasn’t much better. This one looked completely normal, but… something about it was extremely ominous to you. Maybe your mind was just playing tricks on you. Further down, there seemed to be some kind of small deanery covered in religious symbology . It was similarly dark and abandoned, but something about it was oddly comforting, as it was trying to lure you inside

You were paralyzed with nervousness, but you couldn’t wait all night. You had to make a choice. The first house was the obvious (and canon) place to start, but you could skip ahead, if you want...

You have the following choices:

*Noteb*
1. Halloween House

2. Creepy Mansion

*Noteb*
3. Ominous Home

*Noteb*
4. Comforting Deanery

*Noteb*
5. Walk down the street

*Noteb* indicates the next chapter needs to be written.
Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

<<-- Previous · Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024. All rights reserved.
nobody495 has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/2136245-Trick-Or-Treat-Smell-My-/cid/2395035-Trapped